Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a cool vector image of antique Gas Pump

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by yellowdawg, Jan 13, 2014.

1. yellowdawg

yellowdawg New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Virginia
    Hey guys I have looked high and low to try and find a good image of a old Gas Pump if anybody knows of a cool one to use please let me know.

You guys are always a great help and I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    There are couple on Vectorstock.com

3. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I think he means "FREE" antique gas pump vector art.

But after looking at a few of those, I don't see why I couldn't just draw one up real quick.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    THIS^^^^

I found this out along time ago. By the time you get done asking and searching for simple vectors you could have drawn the piece and finished the job.

Never ceases to amaze how many people in this day in age apparently don't have the acumen to run a Google search.

5. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I do that all the time... Even though I know I can draw it, but I refuse to give up the hunt sometimes. I often say out loud, that I could have drawn this by now. BUT I WILL FIND ONE, EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!! :banghead:

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I know of a few sites off hand that you would find just what your looking for, but I'm not going to tell you them. Seems to me you just want something handed to you without you doing any reserch.

7. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    I would much rather draw my own, even if it costs a bit more

8. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Not me. I used to. But now I prefer to pay for the artwork. I feel better about it too, knowing I've helped some starving artist somewhere buy a burrito. Besides, I'm a designer, not artist. I design and layout what other people draw. Pays a little better than the original drawing too. Even though I can draw, I'm just not motivated to do so. Gotta be in the right mindset to sit and draw.

9. TammieH

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    I drew this up this afternoon

Attached Files:

10. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Really nice Tammie

11. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Slow day at the office. :Big Laugh

12. TammieH

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Yeah, you bet :I

it has been slow for 3 weeks, but looks like a lot of jobs are starting to come through :)

13. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I did a package design for some tea. That's all I got since mid december. :frustrated: I might have a restaurant build-out, but I'm bidding against some guy who works out of his house and lives with his mom, and doesn't have the kind of background and knowledge that I have in such matters. But the client might be shopping on price alone. I have to woo them big time! Thank goodness for the monthly retainer fees that keep coming in...

14. yellowdawg

yellowdawg New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Virginia
    No I wasn't looking for something for nothing and yes I will draw up something on my own I was simply looking for a few different ideas.

Thanks for all the positive help.

15. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    where did you look? not trying to be a jerk high and low where? all I did was enter into the search on bing.com "vintage gas pump vector clipart" and a ton of images came up. just wondering where you looked that had nothing.

16. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Fixed it for ya...

17. Davidford7

Davidford7 Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Fort Worth
  18. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    thanks;)

I was wondering if the OP only went to sites that sell clipart or if they they a general search as it seems funny that it is so quick to find with a bing search. maybe not so much at clipart sites?

19. TammieH

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
  20. yellowdawg

yellowdawg New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Virginia
    Yes I have been through Google, Vector Stock, etc.. etc..

My customer is extremely picky and a friend so with that being said everything I have showed him as far as pictures for us to redraw or images to use have not been to his satisfaction so I had basically hit a wall so I was on signs101 reading through some posts and thought I would post what I was looking for to see if any of you great people had any ideas. I was not asking for anything other than ideas and believe me I will never do that again.

Thanks again to those who helped I own a decent size shop in Va and have over 15years of ownership under my belt if any of you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask.