• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a cool vector image of antique Gas Pump

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have been through Google, Vector Stock, etc.. etc..

My customer is extremely picky and a friend so with that being said everything I have showed him as far as pictures for us to redraw or images to use have not been to his satisfaction so I had basically hit a wall so I was on signs101 reading through some posts and thought I would post what I was looking for to see if any of you great people had any ideas. I was not asking for anything other than ideas and believe me I will never do that again.

Thanks again to those who helped I own a decent size shop in Va and have over 15years of ownership under my belt if any of you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

No sense creating enemies. The membership here can be your best friend and source sometimes.

You hafta admit, your opening post was very unclear and sounded like someone not knowing anything about anything in the business. Hence some of the basic comebacks.

If you have 15 years under your belt, you should already know what is and isn't available to a certain extent. At a few minutes into this, it should become quite clear, you're gonna be having trouble with this customer, be it your friend of not. In fact, being your friend, he should know you're gonna go the extra mile to help him. There comes a point when you need to cut your loses and if you've seen all the things these good people have shown you didn't work, then it's time to tell your friend, whatever's in his head, can't be gotten without a lota time and expense. Is he ready to shell it out ?? Anything is obviously possible, but is he willing to dig deep in his pockets to make it happen ?? Remember, HE wants it, so it should be his responsibility.

Marlene

You hafta admit, your opening post was very unclear and sounded like someone not knowing anything about anything in the business. Hence some of the basic comebacks.

being clear when asking for something is a big help. it sounded like you looked high and low and couldn't find anything. try saying you showed your customer what is available and he didn't like any of them. then tell us what kind of vintage gas pump is he looking for? 20's, 30's or more toward the 50's/60's. each era has it's own style and look of gas pumps so it would be helpful to give a clue as to what you really are looking for. once that is figured out, then we might actually be able to help. what gets frustrating is having to ask a ton of questions or to assume you didn't look for any on your own. we aren't a pile of jerks, we just could use some help from you as to what you need. also try posting something you did show him and why he didn't like it as that helps a lot too

Marlene

yep probably just type it wrong luckily I talk better than I communicate on here sorry for the trouble

it's no trouble, just wish the info was clear. we like working on designs around here and it sounds like this could have been fun.

TammieH

We see a lot of questions asked from people looking for help and most of the time there is not enough information.

People generally have something on their mind and forget to convey everything they need, it happens a lot when someone
is giving instruction as well, between clients and owners, owners and employees...and so on.

When posting a question, one should read what they post first of all, and think about it. Does it make sense to you?

I do realize there is a language barrier sometimes, we can tell by misuse of words...

Whenever we are communicating with someone we have the responsibility to make sure our information/message is understood.

Remember, we are sign people not mind readers :wink:

cpgraphix

I would create your own, only real way to get what you are really looking for. I have created all types of old gas pumps in FLEXI, I was making them into showcards. I will see if i can figure out how to post some pics.. I also made some custom cabinets and doors.