• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a suppler that uses UV ink only for Pole banners

EZ Ink

Have a client looking for pole banners, but wants to use UV ink only because it doesn't fade.

Know of any wholesale printers that can do this job.

Flags will be flown in Northern California, bay area. Have tried Soardist, they use a UV coating.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Are you doing fabric or typical 18oz vinyl pole banner.
-Soardist is going to be sublimated fabric right? If so, yes it's light but there is no good way to keep it from fading after a while
-If you go to pretty much any other online printer, Firesprint, 4over, etc I'd guess they can help you out. We print on 18oz double sided banner with solvent ink, fold and sew the pockets. Depending on conditions you usually get at least a year out of them.

I'm not saying you should use us (we're in Hawaii) but I'd guess almost any sign shop can do these for you. When I first started we tried a bunch of other ways to do these but the 18oz double sided is a great way to do it. I think we price them at around $8 a square foot. For instance we're doing 140 banners for a client right now, 30x120" with top and bottom sleeve and we're charging $200 each. We use Grimco's premium 18oz (can't remember the name but they have two versions of their 18oz).

Tai

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Yeah, UV will fade. Laminated (liquid laminate for these, obviously) solvent prints would do so much slower. Some colors (red springs immediately to mind) will fade quicker than others.
Also, no matter what- banners are temporary signage and will, in all likelihood, rip or blow away long before fading becomes an issue.