• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Help Falcon 2 "Head Overcharged" 075 code...

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
New Info

Ok, I cleaned the Yellow printhead and cable plug

Plugged it all back in after drying, first print looked about the same, no error message, but lots of yellow.

Second print, nozzle check, first row starts well...with lots of yellow, second row the yellow started to fade, but then I got a overcurrent error.

Third print, NO yellow anymore, print seemed ok, but no black, and looks like no yellow or little yellow. Head overcurrent about 50% of the way through.

Fourth print, another "test" print, No yellow at all, and no black, and no error message

and the last nozzle check, cyan and magenta perfect, one of the yellow heads kind of firing, and no black at all.

Pix attached.....

Maybe a black and yellow print head replacement...my reaction to all of this....but my reactions so far have not had the best results :frustrated:

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 78
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 80
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 79

onlyjames

UPDATE:

I have had one tech stop in, and talked to another on the phone. I am going with a black and yellow head replacement, as well as all dampers. **Im very concerned about the dampers being filled too much, and ink around the edges of the print heads**

Im working on getting the print heads in, and will be having the tech who came by today install them for me, I know how to install them, but I cant take much more of my mistakes!! I dont even know what I did, but it looks like I somehow shorted out the print heads.

I'll keep everyone up to date, and give a final update when complete. Hopefully all of this helps someone else!

Randy, what do you think about the dampers? some are almost completely full, and there is ink built up around the edge of the print head (near the actual print head)

Thanks all

SE SignSupply

When you change a head make sure you always change the dampers, it's cheap insurance.

Damper levels can vary while a machine is not running, they tend to level out after printing.

Ryan

onlyjames

Thanks Ryan, Im going to change all damper while this work is going on, it cant hurt!

That makes me feel better, I'll keep my eye on them as I start pirnting again.....hopefully everything will level out.

I'll report back on that too!

Thanks, James