• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Looking for New Print & Cut machine

JohnBoy1972

Hey this is John with Skywatch Signs, I am looking to purchase a new print and cut machine for the company. I am looking for a 60" wide machine. I would like suggestions for a high quality reasonable price machine.

petepaz

do you have any machines currently? reason i ask is you may want to stay with the same brand to reduce the learning curve.
we have roland print cut for about 15yrs now and have been very happy with them

JohnBoy1972

do you have any machines currently? reason i ask is you may want to stay with the same brand to reduce the learning curve.
we have roland print cut for about 15yrs now and have been very happy with them

My thoughts exactly .. I like staying with the same brand due to learning curves... I have several different brands here where I work at, but I wasn't in charge of the "buying" around here till today. The machine I have need to replace is a Roland sc-540 print cut. Are there any new Rolands that pique your interest? I am researching different brands right now to see which one I believe is the best fit for what we need. I prefer Mimaki but I'm open to anything right now

petepaz

they are running deals on the truvis vg-640 right now. we have one and it's been pretty good (somepeople on here have had major issues with them) we have had a few hiccups but nothing major that the tech from nazdar couldn't fix. we have and XR-640 for about 8 yrs roughly and that thing has been great no issues with that one really at all.
we also have an XC-540 (not sure if that comes in a 60"+ or not but that thing we have had for about 12 yrs and it was a refurb it's a WORKHORSE

OPENSignsInc.

I have both a Mimaki CJV150-130 and a Mimaki JV150-130 with a Mimaki CG-130 FXii plotter. While I'm impressed with both machines. I prefer to have the cutter seperate from the printer so I can do multiple jobs at once.

2 things about the CJV is the cutter is not as good as the FXii (it's basically a SR III unit) and the automatic pinch rollers (ok while cutting) don't seem that great at holding media down while printing, since you only have 6 clamps (compared to 15 dual wheel clamps for a total of 30 on the JV) and can only place them in certain locations that aren't evenly spaced.