• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for new ways to bend Aluminum Composite

drew_psg

One of our staple budget/profit friendly items are 1” thick pan-faces panels made in-house using a v-bit, handheld router and jig with aluminum composite to bend the edges. I recently found a way to make a single sided post and panel with triangular top that was ALMOST seamless on 3 sides (other than the 3 points of the triangle). The client was ecstatic with the product/price ratio, and we were happy with the product/profit ratio. I’m wondering if anyone has any templates, or creative tips/tricks to maximizing the ability to shape aluminum composite without the need of expensive equipment?

equippaint

Depends on what you consider expensive. We have a magnetic brake, im not sure if itll work with acm but its fine with 063. You can do some pretty cool stuff with it

drew_psg

Depends on what you consider expensive. We have a magnetic brake, im not sure if itll work with acm but its fine with 063. You can do some pretty cool stuff with it

Depends on what you consider expensive. We have a magnetic brake, im not sure if itll work with acm but its fine with 063. You can do some pretty cool stuff

I’m currently looking for creative ways to form different shaped panels with tools less than $1000. I’m not the owner so I’ve got to have a good “pitch”. We have a very small manual brake, but can’t do much with it. I guess I don’t know the capabilities of a magnetic brake?

Gene@mpls

Safety Speed Cut has an new attachment for their panel saws that carves out a groove in ACM with a blade. Works quite well. Probably more that a grand tho.

JimmyG

One of our staple budget/profit friendly items are 1” thick pan-faces panels made in-house using a v-bit, handheld router and jig with aluminum composite to bend the edges. I recently found a way to make a single sided post and panel with triangular top that was ALMOST seamless on 3 sides (other than the 3 points of the triangle). The client was ecstatic with the product/price ratio, and we were happy with the product/profit ratio. I’m wondering if anyone has any templates, or creative tips/tricks to maximizing the ability to shape aluminum composite without the need of expensive equipment?
I would love to see a picture of the sign you are explaining here...?

drew_psg

Attachments

• 00AB3773-2ACF-42DF-B91A-7BD77772E80B.jpeg
    00AB3773-2ACF-42DF-B91A-7BD77772E80B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 338

JimmyG

Thanks for the pic Drew, and it's big rez enough to zoom & inspect.....Looks like nice joinery....

2B

very clean looking, like the address added to the vertical edge.

zooming in on the image is that backside face the same white/turquoise as the front or just the standard baked enamel white?
for the top of the "triangle", how did you seal it off? V-grooving and folding the flaps leaves a peak opening but the image appears to be seamless on the front edge of the side angles of the top. and I don't see any hex head screws as fasteners if a seal piece was used.
That face looks deeper than 1", or are you talking about 2 different products in the OP?

again good looking, and this will give me an excuse to get the router out and get away from the desk.