Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Photoshop

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by LMSigns24, Nov 25, 2007.

1. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great holiday! Mine was good but went to fast.
    Anyway, I am looking for Photoshop. I do not need the new version. I have photoshop 7.0 on my mac at home(very old version but still does the job), but need something for my HP at work. I do not use this program a lot, just for minor editing. So I do not need anythign fancy. Anyone know if there is a download or where can i purchase this product. Trying to cut down on my cost!!

Tags:
  2. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Check out ebay.

3. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Yup I would also advise on ebay as a first place to check and or www.kijiji.ca if your in Canada as well

4. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    I have a little program called Adobe PhotoDeluxe. I used it for editing art
    and photos for the internet before I got Photoshop. I dont know how
    expensive it is, I got mine along with some other free software that came
    with a scanner. If you have CorelDRAW you could always use PhotoPaint.

After doing a google search, I see that they discontinued PhotoDeluxe
    in 2002.

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    there is a better "light" version of photoshop called elements.
    Have you looked at that? maybe it will meet your needs of "minor editing".

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    another vote for "elements" as a lower entry level product with amazing capabilities.

be careful how much you spend on second hand Adobe software from ebay... you most likely will NOT be eligible for upgrade products... unless you and the seller go through the "transfer of registration" documentation with Adobe.

7. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    I have not looked into Elements. I would rather photoshop, but I can check elements out. I like to use photoshops Filters. I was going to download photoshop off a website, but then the website said, "do not call us, cause we do not pick up, just email us" I had my doubts about downloading, but after reading that, I wasn't going to be the sucker that got ripped off!