• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for real world experienced opinions of quality laminator

Salmoneye

I think it is called an AK-600 Anyway it's 63" and it's not a roll to roll model. As far as drift, I can't say that it drifts at all. As long as the print is started perfectly square I think you could go forever. Most of my runs aren't very long, I have probably never run longer than 75' in a single go.

player

I think it is called an AK-600 Anyway it's 63" and it's not a roll to roll model. As far as drift, I can't say that it drifts at all. As long as the print is started perfectly square I think you could go forever. Most of my runs aren't very long, I have probably never run longer than 75' in a single go.

75 feet or 75 inches? 75 feet is pretty long for me...

Bly

We have a Seal 62 Base.
It has a top heater but it's rarely used.
We can run whole rolls through the thing no worries.

Salmoneye

It's accurate enough that I have never used backing paper. I also think that some people have a harder time than others or understand the process a little more; Ive seen spme people have issues on a machine while others don't.

Speedsterbeast

I'm always surprised that I very seldom see any mention of the Ezy Taper.
Got mine last week. Its so simple of a design that it's scary. That being said it is has a well thought out design and is very well built. It's also pricey, but so far it's doing what it's supposed to.

trakers

Decided we are going the US Tech route. Prob the 65". Know it's not a Seal, but it meets our budget and appears it will do what we need, which is replace our BS for 4x8 prints, which is the biggest we will ever do.

Do these things really weigh as much as they claim on the web site, geez. Are they built from depleted uranium?

BALLPARK

I think if you are doing one offs there is no question about it you must have a roller.

This company in china looks pretty good.
$6500 usd delivered.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/10-OFF-digital-sign-making-flatbed_1206691866.html

How long does it take to get in the unit? How was your buying experience with them?

Please update your thoughts on the machine when you get a chance.

We are getting ready to buy some new equipment and I would like to have something like this for applying vinyl graphics, transfer taping, etc..

Thanks!

Desert_Signs

Decided we are going the US Tech route. Prob the 65". Know it's not a Seal, but it meets our budget and appears it will do what we need, which is replace our BS for 4x8 prints, which is the biggest we will ever do.

Do these things really weigh as much as they claim on the web site, geez. Are they built from depleted uranium?

They are HEAVY. I would recommend 4 people to put it on the stand. Me and one guy did it, but I don't know how. We're lucky we didn't blow out our backs or something.

DesireeM

How are you able to laminate prints longer than the table? it's not uncommon for us to laminate 1/2 - full rolls of vinyl in one go, I don't see how the rolls roller can do that. It looks amazing for applying, and for laminating prints under 10 feet long.

It's a two-person maneuver but not difficult once you get the hang of it. You just have to laminate as usual and when you get to the end of the table you raise the roller while ensuring that it doesn't rotate at all(otherwise it's bubbles). The key is to make sure NOTHING MOVES. Then another person at the end of the table drags the print and laminate(together) all the way back to the beginning as you walk the roller bar at the same time. Drop the roller bar back down and continue on from there.

Some day I will post a video of the process. It's what makes our roller all-purpose.

Z SIGNS

The eagle has finally landed

How long does it take to get in the unit? How was your buying experience with them?

Please update your thoughts on the machine when you get a chance.

We are getting ready to buy some new equipment and I would like to have something like this for applying vinyl graphics, transfer taping, etc..

Thanks!

The machine arrived and since we are only 45 minutes away from the port and have a fork lift we picked the machine up ourselves.

It's their first one delivered to the united states.

Dealing with China was scary because we had to pay in advance and we never saw the machine in person.
We just took their word that they had the best laminator.

Other than it took longer to get here than they originally promised everything went fine.
The saleswoman spoke English and responded right away with our inquiries.
The machine was ready to use right out of the box.
It is weighs 2000 lbs and is very rugged.The glass top is 3/8" thick the gantry is 3/8" steel the table is also one piece welded steel.
We have done several jobs with it already.4x8 thin laminates come out perfect just like they promised.

The rolls roller salesman was over to look at it and his jaw dropped when he saw it and found out that it's 1/4 the price of their machine.

This machine is not for everyone though.
You have to have a shop that you can get a 5x10 table through the door and you have to understand that time is money.

We expect this machine to pay for itself very quickly

laminator.jpg 100_0110.jpg laminator.jpg

AF

Very promising results so far. Is the finish "harbor freight" grade or actually decent, its tough to tell from the photos? Congratulations, must be nice to have this thing put to bed finally.

phototec

Z Signs,

So how is the new toy from China working out?

It looks fantastic in the stock photo, is the fit & finish good, better or best?

What was it like for any taxes etc, to get it shipped to the US?

You say you paid about a fourth of the cost of the Roller, what was your final cost delivered?

Thanks

2B

@ Z SIGNS

does this flat bed replace your roll to roll machine?

what do you do for runs that are longer than 96"?

would you post some more images of the machine

Thank you

Z SIGNS

Z Signs,

So how is the new toy from China working out?

It looks fantastic in the stock photo, is the fit & finish good, better or best?

What was it like for any taxes etc, to get it shipped to the US?

You say you paid about a fourth of the cost of the Roller, what was your final cost delivered?
does this flat bed replace your roll to roll machine?

The new machine is great.It has probably paid for itself already.
The finish is excellent.Not that it matters
It was a little under 8 large.$5,800 I think for the machine and 2+ for the rest.
I had a shipping logistic company handle the customs taxes delivery to my door etc.
My roll to roll was Diage that we pitched in the garbage.

Thanks

@ Z SIGNS

what do you do for runs that are longer than 96"?

would you post some more images of the machine

Thank you
We rarely do anything over 96" but we could if we needed to.
We have done a couple 16' faces with it.
Never saw a need for long runs.
What do you do with a 4' x 20' print anyhow

2B

mind telling which company you used?

the longer runs are for wraps, be it vehicles / walls / etc...

thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm in talks with Yinghe right now to setup a distributorship here to get an american connection. So far they are very receptive and the financials make sense.

What sizes would make the most sense to bring in?

2B

I would think 48 x 96 surface area as that is the most common substrate size.

personally we would be looking at a 60 x 120 size

@ Z SIGNS

the picture you posted, seems like there are voids in the lighting. Is that the case? is there room to add lighting?