• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for real world experienced opinions of quality laminator

reQ

I'm in talks with Yinghe right now to setup a distributorship here to get an american connection. So far they are very receptive and the financials make sense.

What sizes would make the most sense to bring in?

Unless you have at least 500k to invest, it won't make sense.

reQ

If you think its that easy to set up distribution for chinese product in north america, without big investment, i have bad new for you. Think twice, before jumping in in something you have 0 knowledge about

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have lots of knowledge on it. I already have a partnership with one of the largest sign frame manufacturers in china. We import tons of them for the fair industry. You can worry about it all you want.

Once the deal is done I'll let anyone who is interested in these flatbeds know when they are coming in.

reQ

I have lots of knowledge on it. I already have a partnership with one of the largest sign frame manufacturers in china. We import tons of them for the fair industry. You can worry about it all you want.

Once the deal is done I'll let anyone who is interested in these flatbeds know when they are coming in.

If you will do it. I will buy one 5x10 ft model from you for $12k cnd delivered to my door (i will take care of broker fees to import from US)

LeLuni

You have been warned:
My 10' x 5' arrived with just under 50" of a useable flat surface along the width. The remaining 10" at the edges are bowed and the roller doesn't contact the surface.
'Maggie', the company rep, said 'oops... sorry.' Then, when I pressed, they said the laminator wasn't really for laminating graphics, just for mounting graphics, so 'bowing not big problem.'
So now, apparently, it is neither a flatbed nor a laminator. Awesome.
I've had luck importing machinery from China before, but this isn't the company to do business with.
I have documented all of this.
Buy the entry level Rolls.

reQ

You have been warned:
My 10' x 5' arrived with just under 50" of a useable flat surface along the width. The remaining 10" at the edges are bowed and the roller doesn't contact the surface.
'Maggie', the company rep, said 'oops... sorry.' Then, when I pressed, they said the laminator wasn't really for laminating graphics, just for mounting graphics, so 'bowing not big problem.'
I've had luck importing machinery from China before, but this isn't the company to do business with.

Don't bother, guy has lots of knowledge and he feels like he is big shot in the game.

Z SIGNS

You have been warned:

Bummer you had a bad experience.
Mine was different I have had the machine since Sept and use it almost everyday with no problem.
I hope you get it sorted out with them.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you will do it. I will buy one 5x10 ft model from you for $12k cnd delivered to my door (i will take care of broker fees to import from US)

If you are truly serious, I know I can hit that price. We are currently working with YingHe and YingKai to find who is the most supportive. They both have very different options in respect to quality within their own product lines. Both have guaranteed service support and 100% satisfaction, we are working with our Chinese broker now to get a deal done.

reQ

If you are truly serious, I know I can hit that price. We are currently working with YingHe and YingKai to find who is the most supportive. They both have very different options in respect to quality within their own product lines. Both have guaranteed service support and 100% satisfaction, we are working with our Chinese broker now to get a deal done.

Yes, i am serious. Its the price i would pay if i order direct from china (including shipping taxes etc.) Did you see that i was talking canadian dollar?

player

I have talked to a couple of mfg company owners who had bad experiences working with China.

One said they sent samples of an extrusion they wanted made. They got back excellent samples.

Then they had to buy a container load of same extrusion. They came in nothing like the samples, completely unusable. When they called the supplier, the said "Sowwy boss, we do better next time."

The other guy is a CNC manufacturer. He said they had an employee who was well versed in dealing with China. They ordered a number of machines from China, and there was no standardization, and no quality control. They spent all their money on the machines, and it has pretty much crippled them, and hit their reputation hard. I think the order was well over a million dollars. As I recall they had pre-sold the units, and could not ship the China crap, and had no cash left to refund the pre-sale customers.

I remember someone saying you need to have someone in China at all times inspecting every step of the production, or you will risk getting screwed.

reQ

I remember someone saying you need to have someone in China at all times inspecting every step of the production, or you will risk getting screwed.

Yep, pretty much. Chinese people don't give a single F about you, they just want your money.

Bly

Bit of a generalisation there.
Where do you think most products are made these days?

There are good and bad businesses to deal with, it's up to you to do your own research and find out who's who.

player

Bit of a generalisation there.
Where do you think most products are made these days?

There are good and bad businesses to deal with, it's up to you to do your own research and find out who's who.

The companies that import on a large basis have people in China at the factories full time.

Bly

My wife gets stuff made in China all the time and has very few complaints.
I don't know or care how she manages it as long as she leaves me out of the process.
Some of the things she buys I could do for her but she gets them quicker and cheaper than I could do them and the quality is fine.
She's an artist and buys mounted canvases and printed textiles using her artwork.

player

My wife gets stuff made in China all the time and has very few complaints.
I don't know or care how she manages it as long as she leaves me out of the process.
Some of the things she buys I could do for her but she gets them quicker and cheaper than I could do them and the quality is fine.
She's an artist and buys mounted canvases and printed textiles using her artwork.

I buy stuff from Ali all the time.

Not the same as spending $1,000,000 on a bunch of machines.

Speedsterbeast

It shocks me how North Americans are still sending dollars directly to China to save money. I know that it's literally impossible to live day to day without buying made in China goods, but isn't there enough evidence yet to see what damage this is doing to the economy and global environment? I understand, you want to remain competitive and all that BS, but if you have a hot tub, two or three cars, travel more than once a year, and live in a house big enough to sleep a dozen people then be honest- it's really about having more money or stuff. And the Rolls Roller is most likely not an American product or company, but trying to cut out a company that puts jobs in your country though proper business practices, fair treatment of workers and distribution just perpetuates the downward spiral of your multi-trillion dollar debt and unemployment. In fact it still shocks, and p's me off how little thought is given to where most people buy their day to day goods- Lining up outside McDonalds or Tim Hortons (for my Canadian friends) instead of spending and extra minute or dollar at a locally owned business is just pathetic in my eyes.

And before you grill me on my purchasing choices:
- I buy my materials from a Canadian distributor even though I'm 40 miles from the U.S. border and could get it for less there.
- I bought my Laminator from an Australian company who's North American Distributor is located in Canada.
- 90% of my groceries come from a locally owned store, even thought I have a choice of several corporate stores.
- Another 5% of my groceries come from local farmers markets
- One of the reasons I made the car choice I did was because the manufacturer has a plant in my home province
- When I dine out I ALWAYS eat at locally owned places.
- Beer, okay I like a wide variety- but i try to frequent my choices on smaller local brews- Sadly Ontario doesn't have blue agave so Tequila needs to be imported.

I'm not saying that international trade is bad, but people really need to start thinking more about the long term effects of their actions instead of thinking "cheaper, sign me up" even sight unseen in this case. It's really sad to me.
I guess I could have a little bigger house than my 900 square footer, or perhaps a newer vehicle than the 17 year old one that I drive (yeah, that's not a typo - a 1997 Honda) But I have food in my fridge and heat in my home so I'm good. I'd rather help those in my own community than own a hot tub.
And if you have kids, which I don't, instead of bashing my comments you should just thank me instead for considering their future.

Rant Over....but it's gotta be a bit more refreshing then the berating of newbies that's so fashionable of late