• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Summa D60 Drag Head Spare Part

Mosumart Design

Hi All,
I am looking for Summa Drag Head (Spare Part), Anyone here knows where to buy?

Anyone can confirm the blade holder with mental screw (left) Is seperated part (fastened with screw) from the body?

csm_Testina_di_taglio_SummaCut_399-610_94fd0f5f6f.jpg

Last edited:

FrankW

The first adress for summa spare parts is a summa dealer. The tool holder part is not available separate from the body.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
We(Airmark) have the 399-610 cutting heads in stock. The bracket that holds the blade holder cannot be purchased separately like Frank mentioned, so you would need to purchase the entire head if that bracket is busted. I have had customers glue the bracket back together as a temporary fix, so you might try that if you don't want to purchase the entire replacement cutting head.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Mosumart Design

We(Airmark) have the 399-610 cutting heads in stock. The bracket that holds the blade holder cannot be purchased separately like Frank mentioned, so you would need to purchase the entire head if that bracket is busted. I have had customers glue the bracket back together as a temporary fix, so you might try that if you don't want to purchase the entire replacement cutting head.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Thanks Phil for reply...

Haha..glue? Seriously? What type of glue..perhaps I need to have a try..for temporary..

By the way can u share the price of 1 set draghead?

damonCA21

If it is the plastic part that has snapped then plastic welding should fix it. If you arent confident doing it yourself then you should be able to find somewhere locally. A lot of motorbike repair places do plastic welding. You can also reinforce it with small metal bars plastic welded into the part and it should last fine

damonCA21

If you are really stuck as I know you have been looking for a while, I can get it done in the UK for you if you sent the part here

chris20630

I have the same problem of small crack in dragholder clamp. Is it simple done to change the head by myself?
Thank you all!

damonCA21

I have the same problem of small crack in dragholder clamp. Is it simple done to change the head by myself?
Thank you all!
They are easy enough to change over, but the heads are very expensive ! Around 500 Euro as you have to buy the complete drag head

jerry369

They are easy enough to change over

Are you sure? Change the cutting head it's not just removing the old one and fitting the new one.
These are the steps a technician should follow to do a good job:
- Remove old cutter head (ok, this is easy)
- Move OPOS sensor from the old head to new one (this is easy too)
- Fit new cutter head ( ok, just a little attention with heights and orthogonality)
- Adjust coil parameters (....)
- Adjust right margin offset (not that important but if it is done it is better...)
- Adjust OPOS offset and other calibrations.

damonCA21

Are you sure? Change the cutting head it's not just removing the old one and fitting the new one.
These are the steps a technician should follow to do a good job:
- Remove old cutter head (ok, this is easy)
- Move OPOS sensor from the old head to new one (this is easy too)
- Fit new cutter head ( ok, just a little attention with heights and orthogonality)
- Adjust coil parameters (....)
- Adjust right margin offset (not that important but if it is done it is better...)
- Adjust OPOS offset and other calibrations.
Well relatively easy in that you don't have to dismantle half the machine to get to the part like you do with a lot of components! Recalibrating a head is normal when you replace something like that, and setting up print / cut adjustments is something most people can handle, so in terms of difficulty I would say it's one of the easier jobs