• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for tutorial sites

dinki

Hey guys, I found a link to a defunct website (thewebmachine.com) that looked like it would have exactly what I wanted, but it is no longer online. Does anyone know of a website that offers Illustrator how-to's geared more towards sign making? I'm looking for sites with tutorials on basic text manipulation (outlining, contouring, distortions, text-to-path) and simple drawing.

dinki

Mr google has all the answers.
There are hundreds of FREE tutor sites around.

Yes, thank you, I am very aware of Google. What I am asking for is specific. I am not interested in using it for illustration and thus do not wish to wade through tutorials not applicable to sign making. I'm just asking if anyone knows of any sites with the type of information I'm looking for. Apparently some of you guys do and I thank you for the links.

geedub

open illustrator

go to help on the far right

search through the help menu.

Also, there are some training tutorials in illustrator that may help you out quite a bit, go through all of those.

MAB SIGNS

I was going to ask what people thought of the video tutorials for Photoshop and Illustrator I saw on ebay?

geedub

i took the dvd tutorial for basic flash, I did the first 2 disks i can get around flash now, it worked alright.