• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for "Wow"... all I have is "ummm ok"

Patentagosse

I have turned down many customers that told me so exactly what they wanted (font, colors, etc...) that I even thought 'bout a setup like "Rent-A-Computer" where they can sit and do what they want... Jeez...

The next step: they are arguing 'bout the price we charge because: "I told you what to do from A to Z and now you wanna charge ME for my ideas?"

They can go wherever they want, I don't need to be supervised in my own office.

Usually, they are shopper so the next job will not necessarly come to you by default. Energy Sucker...

ucmj22

if he has to have that font... and he just wants the font as a logo... why doesnt he just type it himself? move him in a new direction with a couple of comps of your design.

Haakon

If you are meant to want to lay yourself under the knife, the logo should represent good taste and a good eye for aesthetics above all?

How would you make it if YOU decided with the brief that it should be a pure typographical logo in a script font?

ucmj22

Here is a quick attempt at making it look more professional. If you can get away from red, I would do that also, makes me think blood.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 2.47.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 2.47.19 PM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 101

Jillbeans

I agree with Buck...send him to Chuck.
WTF is that? an M with a penis?
I hate script in all-caps for the MD too.
I'd add bater after the name.
I also hate when people who have no clue try to tell you what to do.
Wonder what his patients look like after he messes with them? Ugh.
Love....Jill

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thin script logos are hard to get right, that link to the lettering guy looks like the right direction to head for this one.

wayne k
guam usa

Prowraps your new avatar is very WonderWoman-ish.
Have you finally chosen a gender to stick with?

toucan_graphics

I agree with Buck...send him to Chuck.
WTF is that? an M with a penis?
I hate script in all-caps for the MD too.
I'd add bater after the name.
I also hate when people who have no clue try to tell you what to do.
Wonder what his patients look like after he messes with them? Ugh.
Love....Jill

I was taking a drink as I was reading through the replies and you almost made me spit Mello yellow all over my laptop!

UPDATE - He is FINALLY open to changing up the font so perhaps the door is open to designing a real logo. He is already willing to pay double what I usually get for a logo so I'll hang in there a bit longer. I'll post the final version if it actually turns out well.

visual800

This logo is a pointless deadend. I would lay him out what YOU think he needs and if he is persistant get rid of him. Scripts in all upper right next to each other is a definite no. The script used in this logo is horrible and is not fit for a wedding invitation. He needs to go with a light airy font and place emphasis on the head or face

SignShopWebsites

I like what ucmj22 has done.

I always design three logos:
1. Exactly what the client asks for down to the last detail.
2. What I would do if it were my business.
3. What I think is a good compromise between the two (what he is asking for and what he "should" get)
They almost always go with #2 or #3, but if they choose #1 then I sleep fine at night knowing I did what I could and tried, that's all we can do because unfortunately not everyone listens to reason.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Here is a quick attempt at making it look more professional. If you can get away from red, I would do that also, makes me think blood.

Good Look, but NOT for a doctor, lol.... the crossbar on the "T" turns into a flatline behind MD. I would be terrified, lol.