• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Looking for.................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looking for something thicker than 10mm in corrugated plastic. Brand doesn't matter, but I tried my 3 main suppliers and nobody carries it..... and like normal , they never heard of it, as they don't carry it. My customer is looking for at least 3/4" or even 1" in thickness. I don't have a Grimco catalog, but maybe someone out there has one and can look for me. Also tried Glantz and Harbor.

:thankyou: Gino

Johnny Best

Falconboard but it is only good for interior, use it about a year ago instead of gatorboard, Comes in 1" or thicker. Piedmount Plastics.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both.

This isn't gonna be for any signs. A local guy wants to build a pinewood derby out of it, instead of wood, because of the weight difference. Cost might be an issue. He said, if the others see it, they too will get it, Looks like I might develop an exclusive. These are built for people... not the kind we made back in Cub Scout days.

:thumb: thanks again...............​

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thank you both.

This isn't gonna be for any signs. A local guy wants to build a pinewood derby out of it, instead of wood, because of the weight difference. Cost might be an issue. He said, if the others see it, they too will get it, Looks like I might develop an exclusive. These are built for people... not the kind we made back in Cub Scout days.

:thumb: thanks again...............​
Are these the little cars or the big ones that people ride in?

We have done some kits out of BubbleX 10mm which is super durable for people.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are these the little cars or the big ones that people ride in?

We have done some kits out of BubbleX 10mm which is super durable for people.

The ones actual people get in and ride down big hills. They've been doing that here since the 50's, when I was a kid. They've just gotten way more sophisticated.

C

ColoPrinthead

Pine wood derby was always the small cars made out of cheap pine we would carve in my day, maybe you old-timer's hopped in cheap pinewood cars and they managed to stay together rolling down a street but that ended a long time ago.

MikePro

i LOVE that you guys remember years-old threads like I do! I was just about to post about the guy that built the airplane from coroplast. hah!
anyhow, +1 Piedmont Plastics. great supplier. they carry IntePro plastic, comes up to 25mm (0.98") thick

Johnny Best

He was Bob Stevens, super talent in sign design and fabrication. Owned Skywatch signs in Zeperhills, Florida. He was an avid skydiver.
Passed away last year. Don’t know any details of his death.

Johnny Best

He posted a video of its maiden flight but they never got it to fly if I remember it right. It was many years ago. It taxied down the runway but never got a liftoff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Once when talking with him, I thought he had it in the air for about 20 seconds but not up all that high. He said he was gonna re-design it, but work started getting in the way. Funny thing how work always creeps into things.