• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking into new software for anagraph ae-60e plotter

smhdesigns

I am interested in upgrading my current DesignArt Pro 3.5 for my Anagraph AE-60E plotter. I cut my teeth in the sign industry with this software and was "self-taught" as when I purchased the plotter it was suppose to come with 6 months tech support and training as I bought it new from Anagraph. To no avail the company closed shortly after my purchase. I am sure I am not using the software to it's fullest capabilities, but without training I have done the best I could to learn the ends and outs. Being technology has progressed so much and become more cost efficient, I feel it is time to upgrade to a different software and learn all the techniques from scratch. I have knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Microsoft Publisher (HAHA), but have never really fully dove into the vector arsenal available to todays market. Until recently, I never knew the difference between vector art and raster images. I am very comfortable with my design skills and the final product I have achieved using Photoshop. I set-up and design artwork and then sub out all 4/0 4/4 color imaging to a larger company. With that I am hoping for some insight into what software is user friendly and also shares some likeness to the functions of Design Art Pro 3.5 and Photoshop 7.0....

I know some of the comments that follow may be rather harsh at times, no worries I have thick skin and fathered 6 kids ages 5-18 :)
Any insight, comments, advice or knowledge will be greatly appreciated and used.

Thank For Your Valuable Time
Yours Truly Vector Challenged SMH Designs

A little follow-up.... Upon searching online I came across a rather cost-efficient software called "VinylMaster Cut V4.0"
http://store-a5fbf.mybigcommerce.com/anagraph-apd-plotters/
Anyone have any experience with this software? Any Pros/Cons noticed when reading the specs?

Techman

if you wish to run your anagraph,, then corel draw and cocut will be just what you like. I've used it for years and will continue to do so as long as my cutter runs.

geb

I agree, I used ana 3.5 designart, and went to Corel and it was not to hard to pick up.

George

smhdesigns

thank you for all your insights. i will look into corel. i have heard lots about it but never tried it. being as design art is all i have ever used its prob best to stick with what i know. thanks again and keep signing :)