• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy Chinese UV Flatbed

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is almost 0 support and you will be doing all your own tech work. When things go down you will be stuck until you fix it.

Try to buy with a credit card if you can so you have a extra line of defense.

particleman

Who installs one of these machines? Like 2Ct said you are normally on your own with these machines you buy direct. The quality of service and support should be a huge factor in picking any machine.

customquint

It wouldn't be my first time importing from China, we purchased a laser 2 years ago. I had a little learning curve, mostly because I never ran a laser before. And it had a flaky motion control and software, upgraded that on my own.

I actually was a printer tech for 7 years before I went full time in the sign business 13 years ago. So most service things I can do and have done with all my equipment. Kind of nice having a electronics degree with 7 years experience as a printer tech and another few years before that repairing other types of equipment .

It would be nice to know if anyone in the US has one or has experience with this compnay

Christian @ 2CT Media

It wouldn't be my first time importing from China, we purchased a laser 2 years ago. I had a little learning curve, mostly because I never ran a laser before. And it had a flaky motion control and software, upgraded that on my own.

I actually was a printer tech for 7 years before I went full time in the sign business 13 years ago. So most service things I can do and have done with all my equipment. Kind of nice having a electronics degree with 7 years experience as a printer tech and another few years before that repairing other types of equipment .

It would be nice to know if anyone in the US has one or has experience with this compnay
Most people in the US don't import from China due to lack of support. We do but we are hands on Technical people who can figure things out. I think you will have to take a shot in the dark or search online reviews of the manufacturer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Im very hands on and technical person. I still wouldn't buy a Chinese machine.
As already stated, When something goes wrong, and it will go wrong... Finding parts will be a task, You'll usually spend a while trying to find the part, then waiting it to arrive, or you'll opt to make the part yourself depending what it is or making some generic part work with the machine. A lot of time spent there, where you can just buy a genuine part and probably get it over night for an proper branded flatbed such as Oce.

customquint

Thanks for the input so far.

They are shipping me samples they are going to print Monday, I'll see how they look and do more research.

It won't be a high production machine for us but a fill in for things we can do easier or add into what we already do.

I really like the size of this. I don't think I want anyrhing bigger for my first flatbed.

ikarasu

Another thing to consider is the ink. UV ink isn't all created equally - a lot of people complain about their UV Signs failing within a month of being in the sun... And most of the issues is because of the ink.

Our hps ink lasts years outside. We've never had a problem with a sign Failing early. I wouldn't trust Chinese branded ink.

Do a search on here for Chinese flatbed and read the reviews. The last guy who bought one could only print good quality for a few weeks, and then it started printing like crap. And of course his Chinese supplier stopped answering emails and calls. He spent weeks trying to figure out the issue and solve all the problems, and in the end he wished he bought a non Chinese brand because he had a $1400 paper weight.

customquint

Another thing to consider is the ink. UV ink isn't all created equally - a lot of people complain about their UV Signs failing within a month of being in the sun... And most of the issues is because of the ink.

Our hps ink lasts years outside. We've never had a problem with a sign Failing early. I wouldn't trust Chinese branded ink.

Do a search on here for Chinese flatbed and read the reviews. The last guy who bought one could only print good quality for a few weeks, and then it started printing like crap. And of course his Chinese supplier stopped answering emails and calls. He spent weeks trying to figure out the issue and solve all the problems, and in the end he wished he bought a non Chinese brand because he had a $1400 paper weight.
This one can use Nazdar UV Inks. But this one would be more like a 10K paper weight, no way I'd trust a $1400 machine.

ikarasu

The$1499 was for a small 12" one. I'd be more weary on dropping 10k on one. Don't get me wrong, Chinese products can be great... But there is so many times people have got burnt.

Another guy bought a rolls roller type machine, that one became a 20k paper weight.

The problem is quality control. While one guy might get a great machine... The next might get a Lemon. And support is always non existent after you pay.

Id only buy from a known company. One with lots of reviews, and a track record. A lot of places sell as much as they can, then once word of mouth gets around about how bad the products are, they setup shop as a new name, and rinse and repeat.

If your ok with the chance, a good chance It might become a paper weight, and you don't rely on it to be production ready to stay in business, go for it.

There is a reason printers like the fb700 cost 140,000. For 10k... Don't have too high expectations, and hopefully it'll work out for you!

ams

All I will say is you get what you pay for and you don't get what you don't pay for. Good luck

customquint

So here is my issue, I like the footprint of this machine and print size 24"x36". I am having a hard time finding a US brand in this size. The one US brand I did find is a Chinese import. Does anyone know a brand that offers something in this size?

Weizhen Wu

1) Type of print head is a very important factor to consider when you are going to select a Chinese brand UV flatbed printer.
There are mainly Epson DX5/ Epson DX7/ Ricoh GH2220/ Ricoh Gen4/ Ricoh Gen5 based UV flatbed printer in the Chinese market.
You really need to find out what is the difference between these heads.

2) Machine body structure 's quality(modified or nor modified? Steel or not steel? ) and brand of liner guide, cross beam, and servo motors are very important factors related to machine durability and print accuracy.

3) Manufacturing processes and testing equipment are also very important factors to consider.
Some manufacturers are simply assembling and modifying printer. No design, No testing.
Some manufacturers have a complete production line, from design - testing - manufacturing.

4) RIP software (made in China RIP software or German/ U.S.A RIP software?)

5) Do they have English speaking engineer available for foreign market after sales support?
Some Manufacturers have very mature foreign after sales support system. Such as:
* English speaking engineers are available to go abroad to do onsite installation and training;
* English version user manual;
* English version installation video;
Etc....

6) The Origin place of ink is also an important factor that you should consider about.
Many Chinese UV flatbed printer manufacturers use made in China ink for lower cost, while some reliable manufacturers they prefer to select imported ink to make sure that their printer can delivery decent print quality.

Finally, I want to say that Not all made in China printer bad, there is always something good. You just have to look for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Christian @ 2CT Media

1) Type of print head is a very important factor to consider when you are going to select a Chinese brand UV flatbed printer.
There are mainly Epson DX5/ Epson DX7/ Ricoh GH2220/ Ricoh Gen4/ Ricoh Gen5 based UV flatbed printer in the Chinese market.

2) Machine body structure 's quality(modified or nor modified? Steel or not steel? ) and brand of liner guide, cross beam, and servo motors are very important factors related to machine durability and print accuracy.

3) Manufacturing processes and testing equipment are also very important factors to consider.
Some manufacturers are simply assembling and modifying printer. No design, No testing.
Some manufacturers have a complete production line, from design - testing - manufacturing.

5) Do they have English speaking engineer available for foreign market after sales support?
Some Manufacturers have very mature foreign after sales support system. Such as:
* English speaking engineers are available to go abroad to do onsite installation and training;
Etc....

6) The Origin place of ink is also an important factor that you should consider about.
Many Chinese UV flatbed printer manufacturers use made in China ink for lower cost, while some reliable manufacturers they prefer to select imported ink to make sure that their printer can delivery decent print quality.

Finally, I want to say that Not all made in China printer bad, there is always something good. You just have to look for it.
So what companies do you recommend?

Oroscoe

When buy a piece of equipment like this, service is the most important question. How much is available, where is the closest tech, and what is the response time to a service call? These questions are more important in my opinion. With a purchase this important it really comes down to service. The machine is never going to go down during you slow time. It will go down when you are balls to the wall and have substrate on the floor ready to print a big job. And then you don't have time to fix it or have the time to try and figure out how to fix it.
Run Forrest, Run!

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

customquint

Etc....

Thanks for the Information. I agree not all from China is bad, I own a Chinese Laser, It's paid for itself and was the only was I could afford to add a laser for a small production shop.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
IMO the size you want 24 x 36, i dont find it practice. What do you plan on printing?
IMO again, the most practical size is 48" x 96" or 4' x 8' how ever you read it. Because you can throw a standard sheet on there and print it. Most things come in that size