• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

- Looking to finance a Roland 30in printer ....

autoexebat

Can anyone refer me to a company who does financing ? I checked a few places online but didn't really come up with anything.

they say the SV is 2 times slower than the newest model but honestly I don't mind .. I would like the brand new model , but again I need to finance something.

let me know .

Thanks

Biker Scout

Seriously, outsource until you can pay cash. It's not like a 30" is very expensive. That way you'll know if your workload can support a lease payment. Take every job you can outsource, that money you make, set aside. Also, consider this... 54" printers can be had all the time for around $8500. And nice ones... fast ones too! $8500 can be made pretty quickly if you have the workload already in place.

tomence

I never had luck outsourcing. Late deliveries, colors not coming out right and can go on and on.

If you want headaches outsource, if you want to make money buy the printer.

Biker Scout

Seriously, I've used a couple of vendors here and have had outstanding results. From AZProSign to Typestries. Never had an issue with color, or timeliness. If you are going to outsource, it does help to do your homework on the company you choose to handle your prints.

tomence

Seriously, I've used a couple of vendors here and have had outstanding results. From AZProSign to Typestries. Never had an issue with color, or timeliness. If you are going to outsource, it does help to do your homework on the company you choose to handle your prints.

Ok sir.

klingsdesigns

I will agree with not liking outsourcing. I am very particular, and every order i had something wrong or wasn't 100% happy with it. So i had to lease a printer. Not saying it was the smartest decision to do. Wouldn't recommend it, but if i wanted to grow my business and be happy with the products going out my door i had to do it.

royster13

Many vendors have been in business for decades and ship more orders in a few days than most small shops do in a year....So if folks want to believe those here that say they can not find good vendors, IMO you are mistaken.....

rturner381

+1 million

Seriously, outsource until you can pay cash. It's not like a 30" is very expensive. That way you'll know if your workload can support a lease payment. Take every job you can outsource, that money you make, set aside. Also, consider this... 54" printers can be had all the time for around $8500. And nice ones... fast ones too! $8500 can be made pretty quickly if you have the workload already in place.

Biker Scout, you are SPOT ON! The 30" will become a boat anchor, eyesore, and constant reminder of "...why did I not buy the wider printer..."

tomence

Many vendors have been in business for decades and ship more orders in a few days than most small shops do in a year....So if folks want to believe those here that say they can not find good vendors, IMO you are mistaken.....

I just don't get it, how can you be in let say vehicle wrapping business but don't own a printer. How are you going to survive outsourcing.

Biker Scout

I just don't get it, how can you be in let say vehicle wrapping business but don't own a printer. How are you going to survive outsourcing.
Because vehicle wrapping business commands a hefty penny in the first place. The prints are nothing. It's all about the design and execution of the installation. That's what you are charging for. If you can't handle paying someone like AZProSigns a couple hundred bucks to overnight you awesome prints, already laminated on 3M or whatever, then your business model is completely upside down.

How much inventory would you have to have on hand to to one wrap? Plus lamination. Not to mention a decent printer, inks, a high end laminator that won't eat your prints after you already printed them.

tomence

Because vehicle wrapping business commands a hefty penny in the first place. The prints are nothing. It's all about the design and execution of the installation. That's what you are charging for. If you can't handle paying someone like AZProSigns a couple hundred bucks to overnight you awesome prints, already laminated on 3M or whatever, then your business model is completely upside down.

How much inventory would you have to have on hand to to one wrap? Plus lamination. Not to mention a decent printer, inks, a high end laminator that won't eat your prints after you already printed them.

Looking at your website i won't even pay you a dollar to do my branding, let alone take an advice from you about operating a printing business.