• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking To Purchase a CNC Router

HSG_IN

I think we've narrowed it down to a Multicam 1000 Series or a Gerber M Series. What do owners think between the two. Also, what do you think between different softwares?

Any advice is appreciated.

k.a.s.

those are the two main brands we looked at when we were buying back in about 2003. In the end I think they are both good machines and we just could'nt justify an extra $10,000 for the Gerber. I don't know what the price difference is today, but its not worth it IMO.

We went with the Multi Cam and have been happy with it, no major problems. The vaccuam system leaves a little to be desired but I think they have improved it since we bought ours.

As far as software we bought Art Cam and that is what we have always used.

Kevin

Typestries

Hey, a friend of mine has a VERY LIGHTLY used multicam for sale. If you are interested let me know it's totally turnkey and he's looking for a VERY reasonable price. He's retired from the sign biz and does cutting on the side but only needs 1 machine not 2, this was used at his summer home only. Damnit if I had the room I'd scoop it up!. I don't want to post his # but email me and I'll hook you up with him.

HSG_IN

those are the two main brands we looked at when we were buying back in about 2003. In the end I think they are both good machines and we just could'nt justify an extra $10,000 for the Gerber. I don't know what the price difference is today, but its not worth it IMO.

We went with the Multi Cam and have been happy with it, no major problems. The vaccuam system leaves a little to be desired but I think they have improved it since we bought ours.

As far as software we bought Art Cam and that is what we have always used.

Kevin

I appreciate the response. I was leaning toward the Multi Cam too, but wasn't sure with compatibility issues wanting to cut some things we print on our Solara Ion.

Hey, a friend of mine has a VERY LIGHTLY used multicam for sale. If you are interested let me know it's totally turnkey and he's looking for a VERY reasonable price. He's retired from the sign biz and does cutting on the side but only needs 1 machine not 2, this was used at his summer home only. Damnit if I had the room I'd scoop it up!. I don't want to post his # but email me and I'll hook you up with him.

Check your pm box.

Techman

Look at Vectric Aspire as the software. You may very well be surprised at how good it is and how reasonable the price is.

Aspire is planning a version 3 release at the end of the year. If you purchase now they will give you the update to 3 for FREE!

Joe Crumley

HSG,

Did you buy a router and what did you get?

The major problem I have with Gerber is the gantry height. Other than that it's a beautiful machine.

I've been running an Easy Router for four years with little problems.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

HSG_IN

HSG,

Did you buy a router and what did you get?

The major problem I have with Gerber is the gantry height. Other than that it's a beautiful machine.

I've been running an Easy Router for four years with little problems.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

We have not purchased a router yet. The other side of our building is being finished this week. I believe we will purchase a MultiCam 1000 Series with Vectric Aspire software. We will also be purchasing a cold laminator, screen printer, 50+" plotter.

tcorn1965

We have not purchased a router yet. The other side of our building is being finished this week. I believe we will purchase a MultiCam 1000 Series with Vectric Aspire software. We will also be purchasing a cold laminator, screen printer, 50+" plotter.

We have had the Gerber M-3000 for about 6-8 months now. It runs non-stop about 20 hrs a day 6 days a week. We have never had a problem yet. This thing is a beast! I highly reccomend it!

Terry

From what knowledge I have, between the gerber and the multicam, I'd choose the multicam.

We run an AXYZ and absolutely LOVE it.

Vectric V-carve is a good starter program, but ultimately, EnRoute is fantastic

signs2trade

we purchased the Techno 6 months ago....we love it.....Techno is an advertiser on this site.....We use EnRoute.....if you call them and decide to buy one let them know I refered you....i think we get some free bits or something......