• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looks crooked

Berferful

Any tips on making this decal look straight on the van? The panel is 19.5" top to bottom torward the back and 21.5" toward the front. I lined up the type with the bottom line of the depressed panel and it looks crooked because the top line is rising.

Attachments

• van.JPG
    van.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 112

jmb474

What we do is after placing it on the vehicle, we take a step back and do a visual inspection and see how it looks before applying to the vehicle. Lines dont always run straight even if they appear that they are.

royster13

Could you have adjusted the art so it fit the profile of the panel better?...Plus I think because it is on a background it looks worse than if just the artwork was applied directly...

petepaz

+1 to all above
you can't always go by the line on the vehicle, not always straight and i probably would have recommended cut vinyl then white background would stand out so much.
i have one customer that gets a heavy duty suspension so the van is on a pretty good angle till it's loaded so i kind of get a happy medium this way when it it loaded and drops down it doesn't look un-even and the customer is ok with that

Sticky Signs

Usually no straight lines on a vehicle. I eyeball it so that it looks level with the ground - provided the vehicle is on a flat surface.

skyhigh

I will always align the way you did. The only solution would be to cut the white panel to match the upper line. If it wasn't lined up with the lower body contour, that would look even worse.

I will agree with Pete on the cut vinyl. I see you have a roland vp540, so why the single panel print?

The way you did it (if you had to use the "panel" print) is the only way it would look half way decent. It does look like a big magnet tho.