• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost my dog Jake today

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Just wanted to pass on this sad news.

Our dog Jake, a 9lb maltese was put to sleep today. He was only 4 years old. He put up a good fight for about a week but never fully recovered. Due to some form of liver disease and failure, there was too much build up of fluids in his body and slowly all organs were failing. The doctor gave him 24-48 hours to live when he called Sunday morning.

We wanted the last voices he heard to be from the ones who adored him, not strangers. A couple of the nurses who took care of him were visibly upset, as they commented on how adorable he was and they were pulling for him throughout his stay there.

Thank you to all who sent me PM's and well wishes in the previous thread from Monday.

The whole family has had a chance to mourn. We will never forget him.

I will be available to do work, so there is no interruption in service. Unfortunately, there are no refunds or discounts when your pet does not make it out alive, so I have to take care of all those vet bills

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-12-05 at 4.12.10 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-12-05 at 4.12.10 PM.png
    394.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 7.42.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 7.42.17 PM.png
    434 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 6.07.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 6.07.39 PM.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 102

royster13

Sorry about your loss.....I know how much a part of the family dogs become.....Fritz, Lucy and Misty are a huge part of my life.....

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
So sorry for your loss.

It is a toss of the dice how long we get our little friends.
My avatar is a 11 lb mutt named Ira. We have had his company 10 years. The adoption agency we got him from said he was nine then.

He has really slowed down in the last year.....

This picture is why I am Red Ball here.

J

john1

Sorry for your loss Eric, Keep your head up the best you can.

Bannerday

I'm very sorry Eric.

Try to remember all the fun you had together.

He will be in your hearts always.You were as good to him as
he was to you. Take some comfort in that.

CES020

Very sorry for your loss. Dog's are such a special creation on this earth, in my opinion. Their losses often leave big gaps in our lives because they are just so special. He was here for a reason and I'm sure he loved you all as much as you all loved him.

Mainframe

Sorry to hear he didn't make it, 4 is way too young, tough one to take, nothing I say can help except sorry you lost your buddy.

GVP

Sorry to hear of your loss, Eric.

“The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It files away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.
When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives his master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even unto death.”
Senator George Vest 1869

signage

Sorry to hear of your loss, Eric! Hope the rest of the Holiday season goes much better for you and your family.

rjpjr

Very Sad news Eric. He certainly was adorable.

A few years ago, while already possessing three cats (one of them 23 pounds), we introduced a dog (a Peek-a-Poo) into the family. Time passed and the family left on a vacation and a relative volunteered to watch our dog. When we returned, we discovered that our dog had been locked in a basement with a couple of full sized Boxers and they had terrorized him playing with him. When the dog was returned home, he refused to re-aclimate and proceeded to mark every square inch of the house. We gave him a reasonable time to stop, but enough was enough and he had to go. He was taken to a no-kill shelter. I have no idea if he ever found a new home. It was painful to send him away.

At that point, the decision was made that we were going to be strictly a cat family and that there would be no more dogs as long as the cats were still with us. About a year ago, the wife decided to act in solitary disobedience and brought home another dog from a rescue shelter. Another Peek-a-Poo. I was furious with her.

Sigh... We still have her and she is a GREAT little dog. I would miss her terribly if she were not with us anymore.

ProWraps

hey bud. sorry to hear that. what a cute pup. at least jake got to no doubt have a great life with you while he was here.