• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Low pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Snyder

Mosh- It appears yours is one of those rare businesses that is successful in spite of your bad decisions.

Steve Werner

Yes, but if you can excel because of equipment advantages, lower material costs, better management, etc. that makes you potentially better at your craft than others. So, if you decide to lower prices to your customers because of your advantages well that's your business. If you decide to lower your costs to put others out of business that's your business also.

charlie3238

Thanks! Although I now have side-by-side envy.

Ya I had the same problem, A 500cc Banshee and a lifted Yamaha golf cart. One was to fast and one to slow! you combine the two and you have a RZR S Side-by-side....Good times!

Attachments

• Banshee.JPG
    Banshee.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 154
  • golf cart.JPG
    golf cart.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Mosh

Keeping the competition out is the name of the game, in any biz. If you are not doing that than you are the ones being squeezed out.

Zambookajoe

Are you sure your from Nebraska, cause you have the same business model as my competitor down the street. One day its all gonna blow up in your face.

Mosh

Has not blown up in 21 years, did I mention we are having our busiest year to date?
BTW, no one competes with McDonalds (we do signs and graphic displays for 42 McDonalds franc.)

B Snyder

Has not blown up in 21 years, did I mention we are having our busiest year to date?
BTW, no one competes with McDonalds (we do signs and graphic displays for 42 McDonalds franc.)

I guess things are really different in Nebraska. Everywhere I've ever been in this country there is a Wendys, Burger King and/or Taco Bell within 1 mile of a McDonalds franchise.

chopper

I could say the same B.S. and not even have a sign biz...
I think he is just a big Bull shatter, come here to jerk your chain
other wise why would he make these statements
//chopper

Mosh

I would put bet McD's sales are double all the others. I have never seen a McD's close up, I have seen Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's pull locations.

Has this tread became a debate over fast food?

Mosh

My parents have never gave me anything, in fact I have not spoken to them in 5-6 years. Hard work has gotten me all I have. Thus the point of this thread, people think they can make $1000 buck for slapping a decal on some guys truck.

speedmedia

About every year or two we get people who buy a plotter and try the sign biz, by cutting their throats we guarantee to be the only ones in a 60 mile radius. So then when someone needs a higher end sign we are the only ones around.

OK are we being punked?

If we all stick together and get our prices where they SHOULD be people will have to again pay what they should for the items we are producing.

Your though process is really confusing.

So when someone new comes in you cut your prices to get the jobs? Then when they go out of business you are still getting the jobs at a fraction of what you where getting them for before?

The only one you are screwing is yourself, oh and the entire industry. If it wasn't for people with this sort of thinking we wouldn't have to justify our costs to everyone of our customers.

Thanks,
Kurt

Zambookajoe

Ill be completely honest with you. YOU ARE RETARDED

cause Id be working 6 months a year, charging a bit more on every job

I dont see alot professionals lowballing others except in signs. maybe its because of people like YOU. do what you want Ill do half the jobs you do ,
carry less staff and hassles and Ill have the same bottom line.

I maybe have less jobs than you, but Im making the same profit.

Doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to figure that one out

SignManiac

I once had a bottom feeder try to put me out of business by undercutting my price. Guess who's still in business and who isn't?

One of his former customers came to me and complained that my price was three times higher. I told him to go back to ABC sign guy and he said he tried but the guy went out of business? So I told him that if he had charged more he might still be in business. The customer said good point and just shrugged.

He ordered what he needed from me and he now knows that if he needs anything else, I'm still here.

Mosh

We make a good profit no matter if we are bidding against someone or not.
You can not letter one or two vehicles a week and be in business, I think that is why some people have to charge so much. Average day our 3 printers run out 200-250 feet of printed media, our screen machine on an average day does 150-200 shirts. So we letter Joe Schmoe's truck for $75 and people freak out we are not charging enough. Too bad for them I guess. Price it right and the business will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.