• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LXI and Production Manager wont start

freakinhuge

I turned on the computer today and tried to start up LXI Apprentice 8.5 and it just sat there. It comes up in the taskbar but no software comes up. The same with Production Manager 8.5. Any ideas? I reset production manager preferences to factory default. That didn't help.

Im running windows xp with sp2 and a Enduracut 24" vinyl cutter.

Any help is appreciated.

freakinhuge

I'm not running any antivirus or firewalls on that computer. I also tried to reboot and try again. Other software still runs on it. CorelDraw etc.

freakinhuge

HumJohn, you were half right. It was the sentinal software on my pc. I did a repair installation and the production software is working great! But the LXI software still wont come up:-(

Last edited:

freakinhuge

UPDATE: Now both are back to not working again. I COMPLETLY uninstalled and reinstalled everything: LXI, Production Manager, and Sentinal Softkey to no prevail. Everything just doesn't work. Anyone know how to change the license from one computer to another without going into the sotware? I installed the software on another computer but it says I need to deactivate the license on the first computer before I use the new one, but I can't get into the software to deactivate it. This is starting to get frustrating.

511graphix

WOW thats crazy man. I am on LXI 7.5 and I have never had problem before just production manager not wanting to come up. if you can't get it to work. I think you need to go and get COCUTPRO and just cut out of Corel what num of CorelDRAW are you using? that's what I going to start doing pretty soon I design everything in CorelDraw X3.. and have no point in useing the lxi or the production manager other than to cut..... let know what Signwarehouse tell ya.

freakinhuge

I got it to work on my desktop by sharing the usb port throught the network on my computer in the garage to my computer in the house. LXI worked for like one try on my computer in the garage. Then I was able to deactivate it on that computer and activate it on my desktop. I know its kind of jerry rigged, but it works. Nick, You said cocutpro will let you cut out of coreldraw? That would be much better. I'm using CorelDRAW X3 at the time. I'll have to look into that.

511graphix

yeah, I had asked a question on here about week and half ago. and somepeople told me about it. and the website. it like 500 cant remeber but I dont have the money at the moment but well get it soon..