Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LXI Master Pro Plus Fonts

Discussion in 'General Software' started by signage, Jan 29, 2006.

1. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    I was Trying to find the fonts that came with the software to place in a separate font folder for better font managing. Does anyone know how/if this can be done and could point me in the correct direction. I am trying to get the fonts into bitstream which came with corel so that they can be used in different programs. Also I did a search and didn't find this info, if it has been posted before please give me the link. :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where they are located? If not in lxi what about Flexi I'll look there! They aren't in the font folder in control panel and I do not see the names of the fonts in the LXI directory or sub folders.

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    in flexisign they are probably in the

C:\Program Files\FlexiSIGN Program fonts

probably in LXi under the like folder in program files
    Just an educated guess..

4. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Depends on just which version of LXi you have. In 6.x and earlier the fonts were kept in a single Casmate file and this font library was loaded each time the program was run. They were not indivually addressable and were of no use whatsoever outside of the program. I have no idea if they continued this barbaric practice in version 7.x.

In Flex 7.x this dubious practice was abandoned and Flexi now uses the fonts loaded in the windows fonts directory just like everyone else. I assume the LXi followed suit.

5. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    I have LXI 7.5v5 and it appears to me that they are still using the casmate file. I also see it loading the fonts every time it starts up. Thanks for the info. Looks like those fonts are useless with out using the LXI software.
    Thanks You guy are the bomb!

6. optmgfx

optmgfx Member

Jun 12, 2006
    I realized this post is old but..........the fonts in my LXI 7.5v5 loaded into the the windows font file....I can use them in any program and yes they still load when I start my program but it doesn't take but a couple of seconds for ALL of them to load and I have a lot of fonts!!!!!