• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lyson inks in a VJ1204

os101king

Still considering the benefits of moving to aftermarket inks. Had my machine nearing 2 years now and although I'm probably jinxing myself, it's been a TANK. I really don't want to compromise this, but I live in Jersey and every penny counts nowadays. Anyone have extended experience with the lyson/nazdar eco-sol ink carts for this printer? I haven't seen a thread on this yet... random posts but nothing addressing this specific printer/ink combination. Anyone?

ChicagoGraphics

If your gonna switch to 3rd party inks, mise well use a bulk ink system to. Inks are much cheaper in 1 liter bottles then the carts.
I have used Lyson inks, but they aren't eco-solvent. I use to use there water base pigment & dye inks.

gnemmas

We've been using Nazdar Lyson 2100 for 3 month now, around 40 cartridges (one bad one), very happy with them. Initial change out was no brainer, just pull out the 4 OEMs, insert 4 Lysons, started printing. (Some color shifts, need to print a new profile). The savings is tremendous.

Neil

Does the Muoth VJ have chip recognition built in?

That is, do the oem carts have a chip on them?

If so, how do Lyson get around this - particularly with the bulk ink/refillable system?

novedist

Lyson 2100 ink

I have been using Lyson inks for a few months. I have less clogs with them as I had with oem cartridges. The chips are on the cartridges just like the oem. They print like the oem.

Ricemark

Still considering the benefits of moving to aftermarket inks. Had my machine nearing 2 years now and although I'm probably jinxing myself, it's been a TANK. I really don't want to compromise this, but I live in Jersey and every penny counts nowadays. Anyone have extended experience with the lyson/nazdar eco-sol ink carts for this printer? I haven't seen a thread on this yet... random posts but nothing addressing this specific printer/ink combination. Anyone?
I used them, but Mutoh informed me that they would refuse to service the machine if they were aware of 3rd party ink use - they claim the inks damage the machine. I was later informed that this is grounds for an anti-trust lawsuit, but I didn't care to bite the hand that feeds me. I now see the BioMG inks from Inkware are being sold in cartridges. These are the same inks used in the new Biojet Hybrid printer - so Mutoh has less of a case saying these inks could damage the machine, as they are the same inks used in the 1608 hybrid.

randya

Yes, using unapproved third party inks will violate the warranty, much the same as if you tried to run diesel, or nitromethane in your new gas designed Chevy Aveo.

Mutoh uses Inkware (and other approved third party inks around the world. The key element is 'approved'.

The BioMG inks are from MegaInk, so are obviously not the same as in the VJ1608.
Even if is was the same ink as the hybrid, the machine is different and the application is different, so there still might be warranty concerns, unless and until approved by the manufacturer.

novedist

Why would the Mfg approve someone's else ink when they can make you use their's. Just put in the original ink before calling for warranty. I have less problems with Lyson than Oem and they will warranty if the ink is the problem. Its not like using nitro, its like using Shell or Hess in your car to keep the injectors clean.

randya

Why would the Mfg approve someone's else ink when they can make you use their's. Just put in the original ink before calling for warranty. I have less problems with Lyson than Oem and they will warranty if the ink is the problem. Its not like using nitro, its like using Shell or Hess in your car to keep the injectors clean.

Since Mutoh does not actually make ink, it's ink is third party as well.

The ink delivery system, including the head, orings, tubing, etc, is made up of components designed to be compatible with that ink.

Not all inks are made with the same solvent systems and you can certainly put in inks that will damage parts of the ink delivery system. You could mix aqeous inks or full solvent inks and cause problems that would not be warranty. So some inks are like Shell or Hess, but some are like diesel and some like nitro.

Some have particle sizes larger or less colloidal than OEM inks. Which could lead to clogged nozzles and other issues.

None of these would be design or quality problems from the manufacturer and be liable for warranty repair or replacement.

Some 3rd parties guarantee their inks and pick up that part of the warranty.