• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mac Tac dry erase film comes on a clear liner?

gabagoo

Talk about confusing!!! I have no idea what side has the glue on it and I have yet to figure out how to seperate the lam from the clear backer!!!

any hints on doing this would greatly be appreciated.

:banghead:

miker

snip a corner so you get a clean edge. rub the pad of your thumb along it to get started. yes, it is a pain to separate. Very similar to clear focus cast lam.

ChicagoGraphics

Take 2 peices of masking tape, stick a peice on either side making sure that dont stick together, then pull the 2 peices apart, walaa

anotherdog

Ah the clear backing, I had a lot of optically clear with clear backing, that was a PITA. It tries its best to wrinkle as soon as the lam comes off the back.

I guess the clear back has some purpose. Does yours at least have some printing on the backing?

gabagoo

Ah the clear backing, I had a lot of optically clear with clear backing, that was a PITA. It tries its best to wrinkle as soon as the lam comes off the back.

I guess the clear back has some purpose. Does yours at least have some printing on the backing?

Nothing on it...but that tape idea is mint!!! :rock-n-roll:

I have used the Seal write erase with no problems whatsover, but this stuff just stinks. I don't have the patience or the time to fiddle like this. When i finally got it seperated this morning, the moment I started to peel it back it statically snapped back onto itself and you know the rest of the story....Called my rep and he said no problem, he will replace the roll with the Seal brand.
Thats customer service!!:thumb: