• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta bleeding into yellow

Mosh

Cap station? sp-300V, I think that is what I did last time...dampers are good, yellow is yellow in it. Any help would be cool.

Ragnabrok

yup, cap station likely, the only place the ink can merge is after the print head (or in it if it's REALLY broken). If not that cap itself, the drain lines being obstructed, or the heads not seating on the caps centered enough can cause it as well.

get canvas uk

New head solved it for me

Hi, i had this so changed the caps but still the same so I changed the dx4 head. The head had gone and both colours were merging

petepaz

Might be a broken wall inside the head, that's worst case scenario.

probably this. had the same thing and replaced the dampers and capping station (always want to try replacing the least expensive parts first ) but turned out it was the head.
it happened to our XC-540 but basically all the same parts

jfiscus

Rap Master
If the pumps aren't working or there is a clog in the line going from the caps to the pump you can get this problem.
I would take off the capping station/pump parts and clean all the caps, lines, etc well.

I would bet that it is NOT a bad head.