Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magenta head pouring out ink!!

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Joesignshop, May 16, 2009.

1. Joesignshop

Joesignshop New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Portland Oregon
    The banding started in a print on a banner so I performe a cleaning.The test print showed magenta drop-out so I did an inspection. In standby the magenta head is dripping ink. Turned the power off and cleaned and seemed to stop but started again halfway through the print. Anybody have a cure or what might be the problem? Also what to do before a tech can come by Monday am? Its dripping at an alarming rate!

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. ericmitchell29

ericmitchell29 Active Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Maine
    Joe I'm not sure what you have for a printer but... Did you look really close at the print head? Does it have a hair on it by any chance? It will drip now and then with a hair on it. Its worth looking at.

Eric

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Profile says
    Will a roland drip when hair is on it?

4. Joesignshop

Joesignshop New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Portland Oregon
    Whoops forgot to mention..I have a Roland vp540. I did a medium clean and seemed to have cleared up the dripping nozzle problem. I also did find a few hairs prior to that and it was altering the print. I must watch that! Thanks for the help.