• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta problem!

Jack Knight1979

I had this problem with magenta only using triangle inks last october.

Changed everything, head, dampers, o-rings, captops.

Only thing that fixed it was switching ink brands.

slangsc

I had this problem with magenta only using triangle inks last october.

Changed everything, head, dampers, o-rings, captops.

Only thing that fixed it was switching ink brands.
Interesting. I ran Triangle MLD for 2 years before switching to something else just for price. I was always happy with my results with Triangle ink. Whenever I had issues it was air in the lines or a damper problem, or a head going out.

wochi

some developments:

i made like artbot sugested and changed the ink lines. I changed cyan with magenta. And like i already knew for sure, thats not an ink problem because the cyan started doing the banding and the magenta printed perfect!! So i can only think of a problem in the head. It is clogging in the middle of the prints. But test print is perfect. Can a test print be perfect and the head still be clogged?

slangsc

The test print is done at a slower head speed than usual printing, so it really only shows clogged nozzles. I uncovered a problem with my heads when I was doing a bi-dir calibration. It showed some deflection that I did not see with my normal test print.

wochi

i changed also the tubes that go to the pumps and the color with the problem was the same so i think is not the pump. So:

- all the ink system including the dampers are OK
- the ink itself it´s OK
- the pumps are OK
- the caping station is OK
- all calibrations are OK

so it leaves me the head and that piece where the dampers connect in the top of the head.
So can i have a damaged/clogged head even if the test prints are perfect? Can it be that piece on top of the head?
Don´t know what else to test...