• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance Station Replacement

os101king

Seen a few threads on here regarding this, none with any actual technical information though. Unless there are no walkthroughs or technical info available... hard to believe. Can anyone actually HELP in replacing this part? Any photos or diagrams?? I find these sorts of things to be rather daunting without images to reference. I was told by the tech staff where I bought the printer three years ago that (of course) they would recommend me NOT doing it myself but would offer tech by phone of $45 an hour. That's not unreasonable, but if possible I would like to hold that for an emergency.

So, any actual specs/photos/diagrams to be had here regarding this replacement?

Thanks!!!

Typestries

Hey ian

i just switched out my maintenance station on the hp9000. It wasn't technically difficult, but there were a lot of screws to pull from the frame. Do you have magnetized screwdrivers? And you may have to tape a few screws onto the screwdriver to put the back in. If you need a really long screwdriver like I did try cooper or good friend elec supplys I think they both have locations near you.

good luck, take your time, and if need be take pictures or make diagrams for reassembly.

If your machine is like mine, changing it our will make a world of difference.

good luck!