Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maintenance Station Replacement

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by os101king, Sep 21, 2009.

1. os101king

os101king Active Member

Seen a few threads on here regarding this, none with any actual technical information though. Unless there are no walkthroughs or technical info available... hard to believe. Can anyone actually HELP in replacing this part? Any photos or diagrams?? I find these sorts of things to be rather daunting without images to reference. I was told by the tech staff where I bought the printer three years ago that (of course) they would recommend me NOT doing it myself but would offer tech by phone of $45 an hour. That's not unreasonable, but if possible I would like to hold that for an emergency.

So, any actual specs/photos/diagrams to be had here regarding this replacement?

Thanks!!!

Tags:
  2. chippillie

chippillie New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    CKMY has a you tube video of it

3. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Hey ian

i just switched out my maintenance station on the hp9000. It wasn't technically difficult, but there were a lot of screws to pull from the frame. Do you have magnetized screwdrivers? And you may have to tape a few screws onto the screwdriver to put the back in. If you need a really long screwdriver like I did try cooper or good friend elec supplys I think they both have locations near you.

good luck, take your time, and if need be take pictures or make diagrams for reassembly.

If your machine is like mine, changing it our will make a world of difference.

good luck!

4. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Which model Printer?

5. 1leonchen

1leonchen Member

Feb 12, 2009
    The carribbean
    cmykparts