• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a Zombie Sign

Billct2

Looks great and the red is better. I agree with Marlene though, a little more industrial back panel (textured metal?) would've been killer.

mark-s

Great sign.
Saw this on the net not long ago, cracked me up.

mark-s

Attachments

• ZOMBIE WITH BALLOON.jpg
    ZOMBIE WITH BALLOON.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 155

cnc602

Faux rusted metal... That's a great idea, would really give it that industrial end of the world zombie look.
I remember seeing a huge sign at the... I think it was called the spartan mud run.
The sign they had was made of all rusted looking metal and it looked really awesome and matched the mud run theme.
I tend to use wood because it's so easy to work with.

Ive never used Faux rusted metal before, maybe I'll incorporate it in the next project. :)

Billct2

The real thing, steel or metal is great but you could do a faux finish print on PVC. I did this for a client for a trade show booth, looked pretty cool.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 153

cnc602

The real thing, steel or metal is great but you could do a faux finish print on PVC. I did this for a client for a trade show booth, looked pretty cool.

That looks real good, like the real thing.
A good option as well if your looking at weight issues, having the sign up on a booth I imagine it's much lighter than a metal.

We actually cut I think it was a half inch or inch thick aluminum on the CNC Router to use as ring around the center piece to make the letter "0"
but had to rethink it, we had concerns with the weight of the metal and decided to go with Dibond.

Did not want it falling on anyone lol.

Marlene

I've used a photo of rusted cor-ten and had it printed directly onto aluminum, laminated that to cut letters so they looked rusted. it looked real unless you got really close to it