• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Friends......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, when this was first introduced it worked out quit well and did a lot of good for the community. People becoming friends/buddies and talking to each other was quit a nice atmosphere. I believe it created friendships which are still in tact to this day. I know I still do this on occasion, but noticed I'm missing some I think I will contact shortly.

My point being, I know about this..... and many members here already know about it, but I'll betcha a nickel, many here don't know about it, but would participate if they knew how it worked.

Can anyone explain it, so that everyone presently can take part ??

:cool1:

SignosaurusRex

??????................

Attachments

• clueless.jpg
    clueless.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 54

slappy

Meet and Greet 2013 at Gino's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring a bottle or 2 of :bushmill: lol...

Just playing.. i know you hosted it the last 2 times....

What are you talking about? I've read your post 4 times and still not sure what direction to go.

MVIP (godbless) i think was an angel. He brought that closeness together originally by bringing us all together. Before him, it's like how it is sorta like right now.... and I think since he's been gone, it's just been hard to get that close to one another on that same level... but we all try.. and we know what we were and who we are and wish it was like that now. But that personal level, that one when you know the face your talking to on the other side of the phone or on here like your known for years has been hard to find these past few years. Meet and Greet 08 and 09 were both successful.. after that it faded along right with Matt and his passing.
I still talk to Signboy, Dennis and you on the phone on occasion. Signboy and me were just talking the other night actually. He hasn't been on here for awhile. And like with you Gino, when you type certain things, i think i see your facial expressions behind them and can laugh with you. I think i know what your talking about.... or maybe i don't and just way off of subject.

Tim Aucoin

Click on a member's Avatar. That takes you to their Control Panel where you find out about that person! Click on the "Friends" tab. It shows a list of everyone who has friended them (and been accepted as a friend). If you are not their friend, there will be a button/link on the right hand side that allow you to "BEFRIEND" this person. It will send a friend request notification to that person and they simply have to accept you as a friend.

Is this what you're referring to Gino?? :rolleyes::help

slappy

Click on a member's Avatar. That takes you to their Control Panel where you find out about that person! Click on the "Friends" tab. It shows a list of everyone who has friended them (and been accepted as a friend). If you are not their friend, there will be a button/link on the right hand side that allow you to "BEFRIEND" this person. It will send a friend request notification to that person and they simply have to accept you as a friend.

Is this what you're referring to Gino?? :rolleyes::help
1st, that was a :goodpost:

You know I'll be there! :Big Laugh

I know you will Tim, me also! :thumb:

Tim Aucoin

Ya just gotta speak "Gino" to understand him!! :Big Laugh

I have 50 friends. Who wants to be friends. Let's get this place back to what it was and can be!! Great post Gino!! :clapping:

Attachments

• Friends.jpg
    Friends.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 11.16.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 11.16.48 AM.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Meet and Greet 2013 at Gino's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring a bottle or 2 of :bushmill: lol...

Just playing.. i know you hosted it the last 2 times....

What are you talking about? I've read your post 4 times and still not sure what direction to go.

MVIP (godbless) i think was an angel. He brought that closeness together originally by bringing us all together. Before him, it's like how it is sorta like right now.... and I think since he's been gone, it's just been hard to get that close to one another on that same level... but we all try.. and we know what we were and who we are and wish it was like that now. But that personal level, that one when you know the face your talking to on the other side of the phone or on here like your known for years has been hard to find these past few years. Meet and Greet 08 and 09 were both successful.. after that it faded along right with Matt and his passing.
I still talk to Signboy, Dennis and you on the phone on occasion. Signboy and me were just talking the other night actually. He hasn't been on here for awhile. And like with you Gino, when you type certain things, i think i see your facial expressions behind them and can laugh with you. I think i know what your talking about.... or maybe i don't and just way off of subject.

That would be fine by me, but I think most people are tired of our place. People want to see what's happening in shops all around, not just ours. If ya just wanna get together, again, I'm fine with that, but I think Dennis said he was gonna do it this year.

Anyway, that's a different way of getting the same results, but face to face. I'm talking about using this site's colorful networking capabilities and doing it across the country, hemisphere and around the globe.

T3's onto it and hopefully my pictures will enlighten some of the more depraved people here.

Tim Aucoin

THANKS for the friend request Pat... It's about time!! :Big Laugh :tongue:

And THAT is what Gino is talking about! I couldn't agree more. I have met some amazing folks on here and have made some wonderful friendships... and that's really what it's all about! Some people hide behind their Avatar's on Forums, and that's their choice (for whatever reason). I'm up front as to who I am and am open to making new friends. :smile: There are some first class people here for sure!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
THANKS for the friend request Pat... It's about time!! :Big Laugh :tongue:

And THAT is what Gino is talking about! I couldn't agree more. I have met some amazing folks on here and have made some wonderful friendships... and that's really what it's all about! Some people hide behind their Avatar's on Forums, and that's their choice (for whatever reason). I'm up front as to who I am and am open to making new friends. :smile: There are some first class people here for sure!!

Just be careful, Pat. Once you befriend someone.... if you ever go against one of your friends, the rest of them will pounce on you faster than falling out the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down.

Be careful of whom you befriend. :Oops:

signage

Steph I think airartgirl and signasourus were the one that started it! We just took what they started and made it much bigger!

Marlene

I have 50 friends. Who wants to be friends. Let's get this place back to what it was and can be!! Great post Gino!! :clapping:

I'm in. I keep forgetting to send a friend request to people. good idea to maybe turn us back to what we used to be around here.

slappy

Steph I think airartgirl and signasourus were the one that started it! We just took what they started and made it much bigger!

I dunno.... I feel like they might have started hosting first, but I still see Matt as the original one that brought us all together. He came up with the idea long before airartgirl and signasourus rex hosted the first meet in 2008 with Matt's meet following. Without his thread, I feel like it might not ever happened, that's why i feel he somewhat like an angel. Angels bring people together :smile:

Mike F

I'll add some people who's posts I enjoy reading after I'm done making plates I suppose, anyone can feel free to add me in the meantime.

Tim Aucoin

Hehe no problem Tim!

I'd love to meet you guys (and girls) one of these days. There are so many great members here that not only are fun to shoot the chit with but have taught me more than I could have ever imagined.

It would be great to finally put a face to the avatars!

If I find myself out your way (in the spring or summer of course... only crazy people and penguins make that trek in winter), I will be sure to look you up. Wendy & I are always looking for excuses to do road trips. :smile:

SignosaurusRex

I dunno.... I feel like they might have started hosting first, but I still see Matt as the original one that brought us all together. He came up with the idea long before airartgirl and signasourus rex hosted the first meet in 2008 with Matt's meet following. Without his thread, I feel like it might not ever happened, that's why i feel he somewhat like an angel. Angels bring people together :smile:
Yep, Matt's Idea....we just resurrected it and somehow managed to put it together in short order. We would not have done that had it not been for some of us becoming friends on Signs101 first and then later getting together for a private event I hosted at my home.

Baz

Meeting some of the people on here is the absolute best thing i got/get from this community! Putting a face to a name is just great. I also can imagine a member's face when i read one of his/her comments and by knowing the person you understand the sarcasm or humour allot better.

I'm all for adding more friends and hope to meet more of you whenever someone finally decides to host another meet and greet (not meaning you Denis .. no not at all :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: )!

There are some great people on this forum :toasting:

signage

Steph not trying to take anything away from our saddy/suddly lost freind Mat! I just thought that this whole freind thing started when Rex and Rep worked together on a job and AAG suggested that we all try doing this! Mat was truely a person that should not be forgotten! So I must have been mistake since Rex said Mat started it! Now lets all get together again, all we need to find is a closed bar that will open just for us:toasting::bushmill::omg::covereyes::Big Laugh:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not really sure who started it, but I thought it had something to do with chiclets or some form of acknowledgement, therefore I figured Fred got it going with someone's help and input.

Again, it doesn't matter how or why it got started, but let's make it known to those not using it how it works and possibly we can get some rhythm going again in this place.