• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mascot for local dog park - now in logo!

SignProPlus-Chip

Adding the illustration to a bullet style logo.

Attachments

• fobdplogo01.png
    fobdplogo01.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 114

Craig Sjoquist

Even though I like it .. personally does not like the font.. knows it looks casual & fun, but not to me looks to child like, might be what ya wanted & customer thou.

great job

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
That's quite the clinch he has on that bone. Have you tried with mouth slightly opened?

Easier on the eyes with yellow?

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 114

TimToad

Zombie dog and too casual of font

I'd agree with the other poster about the lack of pupil's in his eyes. Too zombie like. Also, the font choice is a bit too casual and bouncy for such a tightly confined ring. Otherwise, I really like the "animated" expression on the dog's face. How about a little drool, or slightly opening the mouth so a little more of his tongue hangs out.

Jillbeans

The dog looks nervous and unhappy.
While I like the words in white, I agree with the comments about finding a better font.
Something more "official" looking. Even Aachen would be a better option.
Love....Jill

Adam M

The character is great. I agree that opening the mouth or giving the dog pupils might make him friendlier and more welcoming. In any case, it is a nicely drawn design. Good work.

C

ColoPrinthead

That dog looks stoned. Like the artwork otherwise, not warm on the font, but if the client likes it . .

Marlene

Just a stylistic choice...tried a few with different eye styles, but in the end we felt this worked better.

it is creepy looking. since most zeroed in on that, I would suggest it doesn't work. in the end it is your design but you also don't want a negitive response from the people who will look at it. if we saw it so will they

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When dog's ears are cropped, generally you don't see one flopping back down like that, unless it was a bad operation, but only dog enthusiasts will understand that.

The font doesn't lend itself too kindly to arching so hard. Having a different size bad font also arching makes it doubly wrong.

As for lack of pupils or iris, that's just weird and while you take the time to make some things realistic, but cartoony, you lose it in other places. However, it's a personal preference thing and I would start out by making that announcement when showing your customer or show it with and without pupils, iris and highlights in the eyes. I've heard of good logos or designs going south, just because the customer didn't like one element and that ruins it 100% for the whole process in motion no matter how you try to fix it.

SignProPlus-Chip

It was developed with the client. Response was positive. As I said before, we tried a few different eye options, this is what was settled on.

The dog looks nervous and unhappy.
While I like the words in white, I agree with the comments about finding a better font.
Something more "official" looking. Even Aachen would be a better option.
Love....Jill

I don't mind the typeface used, but agree completely about the nervous and unhappy part.