• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master cutter getting flaky

J

jessep

Invizzible, did you ever figure out your problem? I have the same setup- equipment and software. Just recently I have been having the same problems. Was it a board going out, or some settings possibly?

invizzible

I never did figure out what the problem was with my cutter. Toward the end, my cutter was okay if we were cutting graphics for a 4' x 8' sign or maybe some 18" x 24" signs or even a full chest print with Thermo-Flex. When we tried to cut small decals or maybe some small pocket prints we kept having the same problem as I originally described. I tried all kinds of different settings to no avail. Eventually I had enough money saved up to buy a new cutter and we went with a Mimaki 64" cutter that works SO good. I'm sorry I can't help you with the problem you're having with your cutter, I really wish I could tell you that I had a wonderful outcome and everything ended well. Please let me know if you find a resolution to your cutter problem, though, so that we can all learn something about those wonderful Master cutters.

J

jessep

Can you elaborate about the blade holder? It seems OK, how can I tell if its wore out?