• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MASTER Vinyl Cutter Plotter (Desay Canada)

Zoies Graphics

Graphtec fc1500-100 Making Knocking sound while cutting...?

My graphtec makes a knocking sound while cutting... Anyone know what might cause this??? It also doesnt cut, it like plots rather while making this sound...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I love how this thread has a 6 year shelf life. That is better than a box of twinkies.

My graphtec makes a knocking sound while cutting... Anyone know what might cause this??? It also doesnt cut, it like plots rather while making this sound...

Little hard to understand this one, but lets see if I got it right ... your graphtec doesn't cut, just plots the points (so the knife doesn't come down correct?) and it makes a clunk noise while doing it ... if the knife mechanism isn't coming down ... it could be detached and the clunking could be from the motor arm hitting something in the head.

I really don't know a fix for that other than to try to open it up and re-attach it.

If that is not it, please do correct me.