• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for full window decals installed inside facing out?

Rocco G

I don't do any in-house digital printing but can fully recommend signs365 dual-view product as mentioned above. Yes, it's $5/sq ft, but is super easy to apply (really thick, doesn't stretch hardly at all even on full 4 x 8 panels, really is a dream to install), they have it to you in about two days, etc. No muss, no fuss. Just make sure to order it with the graphics on the correct side - ask me how I know! I have one customer that regularly (2-3 times a year whenever she opens a new store) orders this from me and she's always been happy with it. I've done a few windows for her with the same images on the first surface and we both like the 2nd surface look more. These stores are all in downtown Philadelphia and she's concerned about vandalism. No worries with it on the inside. Plus they save your files for a long time. We recently had to replace a section of graphic (glass and bullets don't mix) that we had done about two years previously and all I had to do was order another copy of that window panel via their site.

It just blows my mind people can afford 15k+ printers with no basic knowledge of the industry, no offense, just saying.
Maybe not such a dumb question after all considering he got six different ways of doing it? I'll add a seventh; panovision perf which tapes from inside.

Well if it doesn't need to be easy/economic/simple/sensible then here's the 8th: take out the glass and print it on a flatbed UV printer ;)

10th: print a4 sheets with laser printer stick it on the window, spray with water and carefully massage the paper down leaving the print only

zspace

Premium Subscriber
You all missed where he said it was vacant space

I must not have have stated that well. I understand that it’s vacant space. I suggested an upsell opportunity by implying to the customer that realtors may have an easier time renting a well lit space over a space with blacked out windows.

I’m always surprised at the number of times we as sign companies work hard to save a customer money over making money for our own shops. Sure i can tape up $5 worth of paper in the windows - but unless the customer told me their budget was only $5 I would sure try to sell them on something nicer.