• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material lifting off sensors on FC7000

deckersupplyco

Anyone else having issues with the material lifting off of the sensor when it's cutting or pre-feeding.

In short, it's getting annoying, REALLY annoying. We'll send a job and go to sit back down at our desk only to have it stop so we have to get back up and hit Continue Job every time it does it. I remember reading something on the same issue last week and the two most common fixes were slowing the speed down or putting a little piece of cardboard or something to hold down the material when it comes off the roll.

Anyone have any ideas? It happens most often with our Electrocut Green Vinyl and we keep the speed of that at 25, plus at times it will stop right away after it moves about 1/4". We have the pre-feed set as well but that still does not help.

We tried some pieces of plastic and bent them so that they hold down the material by the sensor but it still did the same thing, just not as much and it got in the way and was more of a hassle that the problem we were trying to fix. Right now we have a piece taped to the top of the cutter blocking some of the light but we haven't had much time to see if that works. So I'd really like to know if someone has figured something out that they found works.

We never had these kind of problems with our 5100 so it's becoming kind of annoying that our "upgraded" cutter is becoming more of a pain in the ass to work than the old one.

Also on a side issue we're trying to design some sort of cutting bar so that we can feed the material manually to cut it off a lot like we were able to on the 5100. Has anyone made their own for the 7000 that they're rather proud of that they could share with the masses?

PMG

Ive never had that issue with my fc7000,,, you say your trying to design a cut bar for this machine??? why not just use the cross cutter that's built into this machine?

bjones

Actually, a sucky rear sensor is a known flaw in the fc7000.

IF your cutter is a genuine graphtec and not a signwarehouse rebrand you're in luck. It's a multi-threaded approach to deal with the issue.

Genuine graphtec you can get a firmware update for your cutter that adds a 'continue' option for jobs when the sensor freaks like this.. Signwarehouse versions of the same cutter, you're screwed.

The other thing is, don't forget to pre unroll enough material to complete the job before starting it.. you need the slack there because it's the cutter jerking material off the roll that causes the little lift that lets enough light in to trip the sensor.

Last, put some vinyl over the rear sensor and cover it up.

/b

woolly

as said.
as i don't want the find sheet facility the rear sensor was covered from day one so did not know there was a possible problem.

woolly

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
It has happened to me with larger rolls. Cut a small piece of black vinyl and stick it over the sensor in the back. That will fix her

stickerguynyc

just have enough space in the back so when the vinyl move doesn't lift or cover the sensor with a piece of vinyl. you are lucky to have a graphtec 7000 that could hit the botton to continue on graphtec 5000 once it lift you loose eveything and have to start over.

Techman

t has happened to me with larger rolls. Cut a small piece of black vinyl and stick it over the sensor in the back. That will fix her

Why would you want to over ride a safety device on your expensive machine. Those sensores are there to keep it from killing itself when something goes wrong.

There is no need to run the machine at full speed. Slow down the speed a little and every thing will be fine. There is no need to put tape over a sensor.