• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material Suggestions Needed.

Cole Not Cold

A buddy of mine runs a sports bar and has asked me to print up a large bracket for their Fantasy Football Playoffs (8'x4') that he can put on the wall. He's offered to pay me with a free bar tab and a table on Superbowl Sunday. I don't have a lot of experience with wall-graphics and am not sure the best thing to print this on.

I have a Mimaki JV-3. I don't want to use something that's too expensive, hard to find, or will damage the wall. I was thinking about a banner, but they will need to write the winners on it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

petepaz

they need to write on it, do they need to erase? (dry-erase lam) if not just print on matte vinyl and mount to cardboard or just print it on the vinyl and hang that on the wall (don't remove the release liner)

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I have made March madness brackets several time for a bar. I just printed a banner with their logo and the bracket. They wrote on it with a Sharpie and took pics with the winner in front. They also rolled it up and gave it to the winner. Cheap and easy.

Mosh

1/8" PVC with matte laminate, or dry erase if they want to re-use it. I use matte laminate cause markers seem to smear less than on gloss.

2B

I have made March madness brackets several time for a bar. I just printed a banner with their logo and the bracket. They wrote on it with a Sharpie and took pics with the winner in front. They also rolled it up and gave it to the winner. Cheap and easy.

1/8" PVC with matte laminate, or dry erase if they want to re-use it. I use matte laminate cause markers seem to smear less than on gloss.

Banner is by far the easiest and quickest method.

regardless of the material use a matte finish, easier to write on and less glare from lights