• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

May Wonders Never Cease...

grafixemporium

Saw this one the other day just down the street from my shop. It looks like a good deal of time and thought went into designing this stellar banner! I stopped in and dropped off a card with the construction guys. I said, "If the owner wants his banners spelled right, have him give me a call."

Have you seen any good bloopers lately?

Attachments

• DSCF17552.jpg
    DSCF17552.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 113

Pat Whatley

There is a church I drive by every day that put up butt ugly aluminum signs two months ago that say BAPTIST CHRUCH. I can't believe it's been two months and nobody at the church has noticed it yet.

Farmboy

Maybe they've already opened and closed. Then "Caming Soon" would be correct, or it's just spelled wrong. :)

Jillbeans

I think they bought an "A" and replaced the "O" in Coming Soon after they opened.
Either that or they are just messed up.
Love....Jill

BobM

Maybe they will be doing leaded glass classes soon and the "divider bars" will be coming soon?

"A came is a divider bar used between small pieces of glass to make a larger glazing panel, sometimes referred to as leaded glass . ..."

there is one in town that is a double sided vacuum formed pan face illuminated sign where restaurant is spelled 'restauraunt'.

drives me crazy but at the same time i get a little pleasure knowing that there is no way to fix it other than to replace the entire thing since they shopped and shopped for the cheapest solution and wasted many ppl's time...they got what they paid for. of course i am curious who design/manufactured it and would like to think that whoever did it did so because the client was such a difficuly pain in the butt 'but' i know better they just screwed up..big time.

my only spelling error thus far in my career.many many years ago a russian orthodox church brought me a GIANT slab of a rare species of wood that they had obtained from a parishoner who had been a cabinet maker and had been in storage for over 50yrs, i was very reluctant to touch it because i knew if anything bad happen it would be impossible to replace the substrate.

the entire sign was in russian so of course i had them check EVERYTHING and sign off on EVERYTHING. it was a beautiful hand carved gilded sign and of course one of the characters (in russian) was wrong...and there wasn't a damn thing that could be done to fix the project. the sign was exactly like their layout and had been signed off by them..so bad so sad..definitely their error but still disappointing on a project of that caliber to know it is wrong and there is nothing you can do to repair it.