• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Me With A Corel Problem.......?????

OldPaint

i dont belive it either.....BUT HERE I IS....
i loaded up a new h/d with XP, and all my other progs.
i got a 2nd LPT card in the machine, loaded its driver, says its installed, i can CUT TO ANOTHER SIGN PROG, no problem.
i loaded the ROLAND DRIVER for corel, put it to lpt port of the card, and STILL CANT GET IT TO CUT FROM COREL!!!!!!!!
I DONT BELIVE THIS...
next move is to delet X3 and do a reinstall........only thing i havent done.
ANY IDEAS????

joeshaul

Checked to make sure that VBA was installed and working within Corel? Could be that it's a student ver or something missing VBA.

Tony Teveris

I think the driver in OP's case is just a look a like Windows printer driver. No plugin like CoCut which would use VBA. I assume that OP just creates some lines and does a print from the File menu and selects the Roland device. All speculation on my part.

If you feel brave enough I think the Roland's cutter language commands are an extension set of HPGL so you could create a simple plot file using notepad and then copy the file to the lpt port.

something like

IN
PU 1000 100
PD 1000 2000
PD 2000 2000
PD 2000 1000
PD 1000 1000
PU 0 0
This would be a 1" box at 1,1"

As not sure if they (Roland) are using any special signals ( nat that there are many on a parallel port but you could connect a printer to the port just to see if anything is going out.

What Roland device driver are you loading?

OldPaint

it is X3 and not a student version. but i never thought about the VBA. i will try this, i got the right roland driver, its sending thru a add on LPT PORT card which it shows as LPT-3. all settings to get there are same. X3 MIGHT NOT LOAD VBA,,,,,,without tellin it to
thanks...

OldPaint

i did all i could think off..........AND IT STILL WOULD NOT WORK...never had this problem with any install of corel.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........i wiped the hard drive, reinstalled XP, DRIVERS, LPT PCI CARD, THEN COREL X3............and it worked 1st shot outa the hole.
musta been something in the XP or COREL......didnt load right. but i got it workin now 160 GIG....of space to fill up!!!!!!