• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Melted Ink Cartridge PLEASE HELP

JFERG90

Hello,

I am running a Roland SolJet 545 with ecosolvant inks and we pulled out a light cyan ink cartridge to find that the end had been melted.

has anyone ever had this issue.

Any insight would be appriciate, solution cause, anything!!!

Thanks guys Attached is a picture.

Attachments

• INK CARTRIDGE FROM SPEEDPRO GUELPH.jpg
    INK CARTRIDGE FROM SPEEDPRO GUELPH.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 113

Jack Knight1979

I assume that is a non OEM ink.

Non OEMS are more aggressive and could melt the carts.
That's a first for me though. Did you do something weird to that line when you changed a damper or something like that?

Vinylman

I would place an IMMEDIATE call to my ink, printer supplier, and respectfully request that they get their rear ends over to your shop IMMEDIATELY, to decide what they are going to do to correct this.

BTW: make it clear you will NOT be paying for a service call. This appears to be a Manufactures product liability issue.

JFERG90

Yup guy came yesterday and stuck a flashlight in the print cartrige slot and said thats wierd everything looks fine. We will send the cartridge to roland at end of the month. And left....brutal. Didnt help us any.

BobbyFosson

If the bag inside the cartridge bursts, or the orifice is damage and causes a link, the solvent will melt the plastic... I have had returned cartridges (Roland OEM, Triangle, Etc) come back with nothing but ink and the chip in the sealed outer plastic packaging bag...