Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MEssage about VISTA

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Techman, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    January 25, 2007 (Computerworld) -- Unless you've recently emerged from a coma, you know the consumer versions of Microsoft's new Vista operating system ship Tuesday. Over the next few weeks, NBA star LeBron James will try to convince you to move to Windows Vista as part of Microsoft's massive ad campaign.

This column is not a review of Windows Vista. I'm not here to tell you what's great about Vista or what's wrong with it.

This article is for those of you who are about to download or purchase Windows Vista and install it on a PC. I'm here to talk you out of it. Just say no to LeBron James and Windows Vista -- for now. Here's why.

http://www.computerworld.com/action...ewArticleBasic&articleId=9009124&pageNumber=1

Tags:
  2. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Ya ..well I'd say no to a new user interface..XP is good enough. There is nothing really new..which is surprising...MSFT shares will be South real soon.
    Ken

3. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    It's just nuts that MSFT would release this. If I owned shares in the company , I would short-sale it NOW. I'm thinking this is the beginning of the end for Microsoft.
    Hard to say who could take over the reigns..Linux Corp?
    Ken

4. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    I'll hang on to XP SP2........

longer than I did 98.

5. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    There's never been a great Microsoft operating system that didn't have

bugs and flaws, but where would we be without it . . .

I'll stick to XP on my work computers and when I buy a new one I as well

as all of you will be forced to take Vista, unless you reformat and load XP !