• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG 130-SRIII Calibration

ErikM

Hello guys,

I have a problem with the Mimaki CG 130-SRIII cutting plotter. I cut approximately 1 meter long sheet of vinyl foil. At the beginning, the cuts are accurate, but the further the foil moves forward, the cut seems to deviate downwards (I attach a photo). Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you deal with it? Thanks for the answers ;)

Erik

Attachments

• beginning of the foil.jpg
    beginning of the foil.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 162
  • half a meter from the beginning.jpg
    half a meter from the beginning.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106

Gary1

Hello guys,

I have a problem with the Mimaki CG 130-SRIII cutting plotter. I cut approximately 1 meter long sheet of vinyl foil. At the beginning, the cuts are accurate, but the further the foil moves forward, the cut seems to deviate downwards (I attach a photo). Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you deal with it? Thanks for the answers ;)

Erik
I have this same machine that was bundled with my printer. I used this plotter for about 6 months. Did the same thing. I read up on calibration. For me it was a real pain. Ended up cutting some stuff by hand. When cutting laminated 3M 680CR, this was a nightmare. I said to myself if this machine cannot cut out of the box, it’s not worth my time. I ordered a Summa S2 T160. Not the same class at all, but it worked. Also had zero support when the people came to set up the Mimaki. One tech told ne he didn’t know Mimaki made plotters. They didn’t even know how to place the blade in the holder and set the blade. It shows you in the manual how to calibrate. For me it was too much work constantly doing this.