• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130FX II plotter not cutting accurately

JacobLeon

We are now getting wonderful results with our big orders through finecut.

We've come to the conclusion that Wasatch doesn't communicate well with our plotter and causes it to skew.

We are a company that is based off single orders. Someone will order the American flag, and someone else will order something else. so our normal sheet (48x24inches) ends up having 50 different decals. Would anyone know of a program that would cut accurately like FineCut but be good for our type of business like Wasatch?

Thanks again for all of your help guys!

DirtyD

Is Wasatch just a RIP? I would think you could use the Mimaki RasterLink RIP, it should RIP and CUT with your Mimaki Workflow the best

JacobLeon

Is Wasatch just a RIP? I would think you could use the Mimaki RasterLink RIP, it should RIP and CUT with your Mimaki Workflow the best

Since we're not using another software for everyday single orders we have to stick with Wasatch because it works with us the best.

The problem we continue to run into is there is constant shifting or tilting of the cut job.
say you're looking at 6 circles
O O O O O O
1 2 3 4 5 6

The problem we're running into is that circle 1 is perfect while circle 6 is shifting too far down. It makes me think that there is something wrong with an angle of some sort. We have access to the #ADJUST and 400mm square settings in the mimaki and have been messing around with those getting different results. But I was just wondering if anyone had a better knowledge of those setting and this problem.
Software changing is not an option as of right now.

JacobLeon

The comment above is while running Wasatch. Not finecut.

Although I like finecut it does not work for our everyday needs.

JacobLeon

We ran a 400mm test this morning. Measured it out and had off settings. We adjusted until the 400mm test came out perfectly.
The settings were under #adjust. We changed them to dA= -3.5 and dB=.5 with the angle being 0.

We then test printed 12 3.8 inch circles with a 10pt outline to test for accuracy. We had 100% accuracy.
Super exciting, right?
No. We go to process our daily orders and it starts doing the same problem again. Left side of the page being spot on while the right side is skewed upwards. The only problem I can see is that the 12 circles we ran as a test was not as big as a cut job as everyday orders causing the crop marks to be marked at incorrect places.

I'm begging for some info right now. Our technician has no idea. Mimaki is no help because they just refer us to our technician. We're on our own.

PLEASE HELP.

DirtyD

the only other thing i can think of is make sure that the plotter is setup to read the correct size of crop marks. on my plotter i manually tell it what size crop marks i created.

also make sure you laser sensitivity is strong enough. mine is set to 5

cyclerc

Having the same problem with thick laminate in my cg3. Using Corel with finecut 8. Start cutting on point but the far cuts goes off, only happens with thick laminate and not in every job. Any idea?
How I can adjust the rolls pressure for try less pressure in the middle? The laminate is 15mil thick

lubo1972

There is two positions for roller tension. You can put it up and down. Just look in the back of ploter. All rolers must be set in same tension position.