• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV30-130 Ink color and dripping

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
Re Edit Per Request I installed a new head new dampeners and capping station and it's been great and working fine for over 3 months.

Now I have two different issues going maybe related or not.
First ink red and black are leaving drips on prints and big drips of ink on aluminum printing table leaving the capping station ( photos if requested ).

Now I have noticed on a test print after cleaning I have black ink on the test print in the yellow channel
( three black not M C Y B B Y C M but M C B B B Y C M and yes yellow ink is in the yellow dampener and in the right port on the head.

This will go away after printing but comes back on a head cleaning. New Note: I find am losing good test print all colors sometime three time a day if printer sits for a few hours .... clean black in yellow and start all over .. repeat

Last edited:

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Replace the magenta and black dampers. You may have to replace the yellow also.

DougWestwood

New Head New Dampeners New Capping Station that said working fine for 3 months.
Now i have maybe one or two different issues but any ideas ink red and black are leaving drips on prints and big drips and ink on aluminum leaving the capping station started last week now on a test print i have black ink on the test print in the yellow channel and yes yellow ink is in the yellow dampener and in the right port on the head?

Wow. Can't fully understand your post. Try some punctuation and capital letters.

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
No air I can tell if i pull then off the manifold they hold ink very well no dripping unless i push the round valve on the side then flows out very well but I have lots of extras in stock so i will try it ...

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
IMG_20180227_182041702.jpg IMG_20180227_182045621.jpg I am still going in circles run a test print everything good do nothing run a second test print colors drop out and come back leave missing nozzles streaks etc with clean gets worse starts to drop ink all over. paper etc.

machine sits over night first test print works one time in morning and again then bad second test print ... just try printing and printing looks like photos included.

All dampeners are full to top if i remove from head no dripping from bottom unless i hold small circle on the side then ink flows freely i was told that means no air leaks.

when i move head to the left for inspection and cleaning i can see colors dripping out.

Like I said this machine had low printing on it and not had problems before heads are not plugged

Can doing a over night Nozzle wash destroy the head i have tried this for missing lines but like a said i can get a perfect test once and sent test drop colors and lines.

One other thing i will throw out are maybe the dampeners i buy on eBay crap i have use them with good luck in the past?

Help

SA68

Go fast, turn left.
You can try soaking the head. Do a regular nozzle wash, fill the capping station and wait for the cleaning to start, then turn off the main power switch. Let it soak over night, come back in and run a few cleaning. Tech support has had me do this before when the head dries up, usually during an error that stop the printer during an overnight run.

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
Thanks for the reply but the heads not plugged I can get a perfect test print one test and bad the second then another good one then all bad all in a row with ink all over and see photos. Also have tried that several times .. Thanks for trying though any other ideas welcome.

MNoden

Thanks for the reply but the heads not plugged I can get a perfect test print one test and bad the second then another good one then all bad all in a row with ink all over and see photos. Also have tried that several times .. Thanks for trying though any other ideas welcome.

Typically if you are getting cross contamination or dripping during print.
1) back pressure in ink supply that is contaminated - if third party ink I have seen for example low ink in yellow, would draw ink back but mostly on Roland's.

2) cap is not draining properly when sitting idle. Clean lines from cap top to pump connection

3) capping adjustments to ensure flushing while printing is performed correctly

Sounds like your supply side is fine.