• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 Printing Problem

JJPrint

Have banding or "lawn mower" marks while printing larger solid areas on decal material. Tech worked on the machine finally switched out the machine (just 6 months only). They hooked up replacement and its doing the same thing. You can see the swipes as the machine goes back and forth. We (tech) have tried different media, different temperatures, different color profiles still have a problem. I am now being told that this machine doesn't print large solid areas very well, would need to switch to a JV33. Opinions?? Smaller busy stuff prints fine.

DiPrinter_com

Try to ...

Hi,
I saw something similar what you describe.
Doe's your profiles was made for your media or you download them? Are they proper to the media which you use?
Please paste a link to picture of banding which your machine made.
Is it happened on all colours? or only some compositions?

I need more information to find understand your problem.

With Regards,
Piotr

info@DiPrinter.com

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The JV33 is virtually the same machine. Just without the cutter built in so I'm unsure that would make any difference.

JJPrint

Color profile not specific to the media (Elite decal material from Tubelite, but same problem on Oracal 3641G). Will happen on all colors. Most visible on large solid areas.

Attachments

• banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 550

JJPrint

Their argument is the JV33 has more pinch rollers to better feed the media. I agree, I thought it was the same with cutter.

DiPrinter_com

On the picture you have heavy ink coverage.
1. try to expand media feed.
2. make a profiles for your specific media and printmode.
Check how look this banding on the beginning and on the end of roll.
Anyway, proper profiles may help with ink coverage on media for specific printmode and media.

Regards,
Piotr
info@DiPrinter.com

LenR

OK this is probably dumb on my part but have you run a Media Compensation test?

"Half the quotations by famous people you see on the internet are complete bullsh*t." - Abraham Lincoln

ironchef

After seeing the pic. I would also say your laying down alot of ink, lower the density a bit, and while printing do a feed comp adjustment. Hit function while printing

JJPrint

We have done a media comp. We have adjusted feed comp while printing. Have tried no less than 10 profiles. Temperatures are 35/35/40, we have adjusted up and down as well with similar results. Would one brand of media run better than other? Oracal 3641G is very popular with good pricing, but we can't even get an even media comp line.

genericname

We have done a media comp. We have adjusted feed comp while printing. Have tried no less than 10 profiles. Temperatures are 35/35/40, we have adjusted up and down as well with similar results. Would one brand of media run better than other? Oracal 3641G is very popular with good pricing, but we can't even get an even media comp line.

An uneven line could point to the carriage rail not being mounted at exactly the same level at every point. Not a big problem though. Looks more like the profile being used is dropping too much ink. More rollers wouldn't rectify that, as it's a pass issue, not a feed one.

That being said, solid Blue is a nightmare on a perfectly running machine.

JJPrint

Maybe your onto something - "solid blue is a nightmare" - The tech did check the rail, the platen surface (for level), encoder stripe, voltages to print head, slider board, & regenerative board. The only thing that is odd is that the left side of the machine runs cooler (3-4 deg C), but the heat strip is a loop system, we also checked the temp from one side of the room to other and that no air is blowing directly on that side of machine. Maybe some input on media material (decal), profiles, temperatures that are yielding good results.

121a

We have the same machine and we occasionally get some banding like you have pictured. But most of the time, prints are solid and insanely crisp. We use 3M IJ35C-10 and use the 3M 180Cv3 @ 720x1440 8 pass. Any other profile or settings do not look good. I do not know why 540x1080 is recommended for this printer unless it is for speed purposes.