• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 Printing Problem

ironchef

Heres some pics, first one is a 540x720 profile from hexis, second pic is ij180cv3 almost no lines. And third is an avery profile. (Weird lines)

Attachments

• image-1249792708.jpg
    image-1249792708.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 257
  • image-176036179.jpg
    image-176036179.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 199
  • image-1100549427.jpg
    image-1100549427.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 219

JJPrint

Ironchef, these banding lines are they typical for Mimaki printers? I have heard Roland doesn't have these problems, just asking. I am new this and a bit disappointed. I received samples off a Epson S30670 and they look perfect.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have installed and run about 10 of the CJV30 printers and have been able to dial all of them in to print solid colors perfectly.

If you can't get an even media comp adjustment print the problem is 100% a mechanical misalignment. You will need to do a head slant adjustment to bring the head into alignment with the platen. Once you can get a media comp adjustment print to be exactly the same on both sides of the media your problem should go away. Also in the picture it doesn't look like the media is absorbing ink as well as it should. If you have tried different profiles and heat settings I would try Oracal 3641 for sure. It's a good price and quality vinyl.

JJPrint

VanerJ, does it take a tech to adjust the slant?
I was running 3641 and was not able to print a good comp line. I did run a comp line on the Hexis material (4 mil) and printed an even comp line. I have noticed that the left side of the machine runs 3 deg C cooler. Mimaki USA says no big deal.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It will take a loupe to be able to see the pattern that prints out. You can look up the process in the tech manual. It is worth a try to do it yourself but if you can't get it just right you can call a tech. It involves loosening the head cams and using the adjusting mechanism to bring the head into alignment.

You should be able to get a perfect comp adjust on all types of material. Depending on the age of the machine you could also be having print feed problems that are skewing the media and causing the problem.

JJPrint

Do you know where to get a tech manual?
Machine is 6 months old, the techs from Mimaki USA have worked on the first machine, it had some issues and switched it out and the replacement is better but not great.

ironchef

Yes i get perfect solid colors with higher quality(dpi) profiles. I do notice that the media comp. Lines are not always even. Ill call tech support tomorrow. On some medias its impossible to get rid of the overlapping lines. On hexis and banner it aligns nicely with no overlap or spacing

Out There

JJPrint,

If you shoot me your email address I can send you a pdf of a JV33(same exact print head as your CJV30) maintenance manual. Which has the slant adjust instruction in it.

Just did it not too long ago, super easy to do.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hey guys go and buy a 200 x usb camera that plugs into your laptop and use that for alignment ..not very expensive and will give good clear vision for alignment..money well spent, its what I use
Tekkie1:cool1:

genericname

Hey guys go and buy a 200 x usb camera that plugs into your laptop and use that for alignment ..not very expensive and will give good clear vision for alignment..money well spent, its what I use

Except that a loupe that offers you twice that magnification will cost you $10, and still works when the power's out.

Well, I guess you have bigger problems if the power's out.

Out There

That's an great idea :thumb:. My little 10x glass is pretty small.