• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Cjv30 Not Connecting To Windows 10

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and cannot get my CJV30-160 to connect. I know it is with the printer driver and I upgraded to the most recent versions.
When I go to printer registration and then it tries to connect these message pop up
W32 Printer Driver on 0000BCB3019 Add Printer Driver ox4008400a and then it states
Cannot create a default printer.

Just not sure what the next step is to fix this but am on day 3 of trying to get it to work

timgo

Graphics Designer
Just upgraded to Windows 10 and cannot get my CJV30-160 to connect. I know it is with the printer driver and I upgraded to the most recent versions.
When I go to printer registration and then it tries to connect these message pop up
W32 Printer Driver on 0000BCB3019 Add Printer Driver ox4008400a and then it states

Just not sure what the next step is to fix this but am on day 3 of trying to get it to work

1-uninstall provious sign/rip and drivers software, allready installed on your pc for CJV30-160 and restart your pc.
2- install the Sign/rip software again.
The sign/rip program support drivers of your CJV30-160.

3- restart windows and start your sign/rip program.

Platinumsandp

We have just done a clean install of win 10 64bit and have re-installed the driver and rasterlink from disc yet the pc is saying it cannot find a driver? Was working fine on this pc beforehand. The printer is being recognised by the pc as a plug-in device and not a printer. Any ideas?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
We have just done a clean install of win 10 64bit and have re-installed the driver and rasterlink from disc yet the pc is saying it cannot find a driver? Was working fine on this pc beforehand. The printer is being recognised by the pc as a plug-in device and not a printer. Any ideas?
I had that problem with my laser printer (yes, completely different printer, but the problem was the same). I got it to connect by using the "Add Printer or Scanner" instead letting Windows find the device. That's what fixed it for me (sorry I can't remember the exact steps).

Platinumsandp

I had that problem with my laser printer (yes, completely different printer, but the problem was the same). I got it to connect by using the "Add Printer or Scanner" instead letting Windows find the device. That's what fixed it for me (sorry I can't remember the exact steps).
Thanks for replying, it won't work doing that either! We think it may be an issue with USB 3.0 now, as the new error message is that it is not compatible with usb 3.0, even though this is something we haven't installed...

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Maybe try switching the USB port it's plugged into. That printer runs on USB 2. Your PC may have USB 3 ports and you don't realize it. Shot in the dark.

Platinumsandp

We had plugged it into a usb 3.0 by accident in trying to make it work, however it is definitely in usb 2.0 now and still the same error message 0000BCB cannot find printer driver.

timgo

Graphics Designer
1-uninstall provious sign/rip and drivers software, allready installed on your pc for CJV30-160 and restart your pc.
2- install the Sign/rip software again.
The sign/rip program support drivers of your CJV30-160.

3- restart windows and start your sign/rip program.

The drivers contained in your RIP SOFTWARE are not compatible with Windows 10.
Update Your RIP Software.

timgo

Graphics Designer
We had plugged it into a usb 3.0 by accident in trying to make it work, however it is definitely in usb 2.0 now and still the same error message 0000BCB cannot find printer driver.

timgo

Graphics Designer

Customprinted

Im having the same issue, and I cannot get rasterlink to work on windows 7 64 bit, I've tried everything, I can print in wasatch and I can print in flexi. any good advice?

Pitzu

You should try these fixes:
1. Try to run the installation as Administrator
2. If the above didn't fix the problem, try the installation in Compatibility Mode
3. Disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" in Windows and then try to install the drivers
4. Disable the toggle under “Let Windows manage my default printer.

If you're trying to install the printer in Windows 64 bit version make sure that you have Windows 64bit drivers for the printer.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

You should try these fixes:
1. Try to run the installation as Administrator

One thing of caution with this method (and it may indeed work, even though programs written today shouldn't have to do this), is that if you give a program admin privileges, if something goes hinky with it, it may cause issues with the system. If the computer is online, it could be used as a vector into the system.

Statistically, both of these things may be low in happening, just something to consider when giving anything admin privileges on the system. Unless using something from the 9x days, a modern program shouldn't need to be run as admin for day to day work (only when updating, which makes changes to the system).

This may indeed work, I would just use it as a last resort then a first one, especially if the computer is online.

Pitzu

You are right...it's not advisable to grant Administrator privileges to software from untrusted source....however, in this case, we are talking about software downloaded from trusted source, like Mimaki...and it's not permanent...it applies only to the software in question.
If you don't trust their software, you might not be able to use the printer.

WildWestDesigns

You are right...it's not advisable to grant Administrator privileges to software from untrusted source....however, in this case, we are talking about software downloaded from trusted source, like Mimaki...and it's not permanent...it applies only to the software in question.

It's not so much as to if it's from a trusted source or not, but if the software has bugs that could be exploited or if the software that has admin rights does some type of write in a key system file that causes some hinky issues or even the software's own system file. Those that remember the 9x days, probably remember that.

Any modern software being written should allow for regular user use in day to day activities. If they are using legacy protocols that require perpetual admin rights to even just run their software, imagine what else is going on that could be exploited. If the computer is offline from a WAN connection, this is not as a big deal, but if it does have a WAN connection, I would keep an eye out on things. That's just me though.

Now the odds of something being used in Mimaki software versus macro exploits in Excel (by the way, those macro exploits are viable on Macs as well), probably not that high just due to user pool. I'm just one of those when one starts to be lax in one area, it tends to spill over into others. I'm sure that there are plenty of people that only have one account on a Windows computer and some may not even have a password to that.

This may be the only way to get the system up and running for this case, not trying to say that it isn't, just be careful, especially if it has access to a WAN.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I know I am a little late to the party but the issue is most likely that you installed Rasterlink from the CD. The CD version has known issues and yet Mimaki still sends them out and doesn't even give you a little letter saying not to use it. They also send you the old drivers and profiles so basically everything that comes with the Rasterlink box is useless. You should download the latest version from Mimakiusa.com and install that way.

Andy Luu

Little Shop

We're you able to figure out the problem?