• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV150 - 160 Ink Question

Murray

Hi Everyone,

Im thinking of buying a new Mimaki JV150 - 160 and im told that the only option for Eco inks is the CMYK plus the light inks option as opposed to the CMYK-CMYK option which is not the Eco ink option (in other words it needs outside venting and stinks anyway) I've also been told that any ink option other than the CMYK-CMYK option will slow the printer down by as much as half. Here is my question(s) Is it true that the CMYK and 2 light inks option will slow the printer down substantially? Is it also true that the CMYK-CMYK option cannot be "ECO" and therefore will require outdoor venting (which i know from previous experience still stinks no matter how efficient the outdoor venting is). Any help from anyone with experience with these Mimaki printers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance :)