• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv300-160 missing magenta

micadesign

hello to anyone!

got a problem on one of my jv300 printer...
from on day to another missing inside channels of magenta of both printheads.

any ideas what could it be? caps, dampers, prinheads?

i will appreciate all suggestions.

thanks!

micadesign

Here a test print after head cleaning, nozzle wash and nothing changed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_204352.jpg
    IMG_20200710_204352.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 490

jimmmi

What above said. Try to pull air from the magenta dampers with a syringe. Also check it cap top seals perfectly and also check the dampers if they are in good condition.

micadesign

hey to everyone,

let me thanks four your replies.

unfortunately nothing of your ideas did help.
alos de left cyan channel form printhead #2 fails now...

electrical problem with both heads?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm talking about an official air purge procedure that gets the air out of the mid cartridge not just pulling air out with a syringe at the damper. You need to tilt the cartridge so that the septum is pointing up and then syringe the air out of it.

On that machine the ink lines are connected when you are setup CMYKx2. That's why if one head has an issue, the other can be affected as well. Probably not electrical. It's gonna be an ink flow issue.

Lady Who

It's really curious... happened something like this with me: magenta line disappeared and two months later it was cyan line, in that exact order. Tech said it's probably internal damage in the printhead, that's making it lose internal pressure. Hope it's not your case. Following up

micadesign

air purge doesn't resolve my problem.
it's always an internal damage in the printhead. it sucks for me... now both printhead are gone. missing more colors now and nozzles are not clogged.

Last edited:

micadesign

have both jv300 for 3 year's now. under warrantly both printer had need of new printheat because the poor quality of mimaki's BS4 inks. they were a few problemas with the magenta ink and black. i had 2 years warranty on both machines and mimaki always put me new heads...

only to get some idea. in november '19 head #2 was changed. some month later, in march head #1 was changed. now, in july i have both head missing completely channels. i don't want put new heads in these machine. maybe trade it with a new one, but should i buy the new jv300-160 plus or shoud i swap to epson sc S60600L ou maybe to a latex 570??

Lady Who

have both jv300 for 3 year's now. under warrantly both printer had need of new printheat because the poor quality of mimaki's BS4 inks. they were a few problemas with the magenta ink and black. i had 2 years warranty on both machines and mimaki always put me new heads...

only to get some idea. in november '19 head #2 was changed. some month later, in march head #1 was changed. now, in july i have both head missing completely channels. i don't want put new heads in these machine. maybe trade it with a new one, but should i buy the new jv300-160 plus or shoud i swap to epson sc S60600L ou maybe to a latex 570??

Are you sure this issues are due to the poor quality of inks? If so, maybe you should ask them to replace it again, no matter if it's not on warranty anymore, and change to SS21 ink (mild solvent). Last one was replaced in march, that's not fair, guess you have a good chance of winning the case

micadesign

Are you sure this issues are due to the poor quality of inks? If so, maybe you should ask them to replace it again, no matter if it's not on warranty anymore, and change to SS21 ink (mild solvent). Last one was replaced in march, that's not fair, guess you have a good chance of winning the case

i don't... mimaki dealer here in portugal are complicated. i put the new head e march but not with mimakis dealer. BS4 ink are poor quality. i changed the inks in march too to aftermarket ink. now i use triangle and is far better and cheaper. color garmut is great and it dries faster.

but this one machine as trouble.. some electrical issue i think. now the problem is not from the ink.

slider and com32 board are new too (changed last november)

lubo1972

Prepare to have problems with BS4 yellow! We got similar problem with yellow lines yesterday. First dissapeares most left line, after couple of hours next line in same head. Other head have missing nozzles ot both ends of test print! BAD INK or machine! It is JV300

turrbosigns

My CJV150 has had same issue since day it was installed 2 techs have told me its a faulty head iv heard of this happing on so many new mimaki printers next printer will not be a mimaki

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Be aware..... Mimaki does not make printheads. The majority of the eco-solvent machines regardless of what brand machine all use the same Epson printheads so even if you go with some other brand printer, it will likely have the exact same printhead that your Mimaki has. There are a couple of variations depending on how old the machines are though so a faulty head could be in any machine. To be honest I've really not heard of the Epson heads being faulty much before. That is a pretty rare occurrence. I've been running various Mimaki printers since 2003 and every single one has had some type of an Epson printhead and I've never once had a "defective" head. I've replaced plenty of printheads but not because there was some inherent defect with the head, they were just worn out or damaged from a head strike or something like that.

A few others are out that do use different brand heads though. I know the Seiko's use separate industrial printheads (more expensive than the Epson ones) and I think a couple of the machines using other ink types (UV, latex) are using Ricoh printheads. HP Latex uses their own heads which wear out with a set of ink so those are replaced all the time on the HP machines.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If that would be so then you would have free heads for life because they haven't even ran out of warranty :rolleyes:

I honestly had never looked.... So based on another thread here it seems that users average around 4 liters per head. https://signs101.com/threads/hp-latex-360-printhead-question.134715/ So they do wear out very quickly compared to any other type of printhead. It just seems excessive and I've had people tell me that they can see a visible degradation in print quality between the start and end of vary large print jobs on them (something like a full wrap on a 54' trailer). Our Mimaki's have 2 liters per color in the bulk system so that is literally 2 bags of ink and a head is done as a comparison while in reality with the Epson printheads in these machines we will run for 2 to 4 years (some even more depending on how much they print) before we need to change the 1 single printhead. So in our case (we print full wraps for a large number of 35 and 40 foot buses) we go through 8 liters of ink in a month (on a JV150-160 which is a single head machine). So as an example over a 3 year period we will use 288 liters of ink and if we replace the head at that point that is a $2500 expense. HP heads are $125 each (x 4 heads). If the HP uses around 4 liters per head and needs replacing then the HP will use 72 heads (288 liters divided by 4) over that same time period or $9000 in heads. The HP ink is fairly expensive too at $130 per 775ml (not sure if there are any aftermarket inks but if so that would probably make a big difference in cost). In any case we use Bordeaux inks and they cost us .085 per ml ($170 per 2000ml) while the HP inks cost .168 per ml. So also in that same time period we use $24480 in ink while the HP used $48384 in ink. Not even really considerign that the HP also uses far more electricity needing dual 240v circuits while the Mimaki can plug into a single regular 120v plug outlet.

Anyways this is off subject and being a Mimaki owner (8 different machines since 2003) I am a bit biased to Mimaki. Back on topic.... :)