• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-160 63" Vs Mutoh ValueJet 1614 - 64""

eddieaviv

Hi every one.

I need your help choosing the write printer for my vehicle wrap shop.
My dilema between 2 printers:

Mimaki JV33-160 63" Vs Mutoh ValueJet 1614 - 64"

Thanks for your help.

Eddie

signage

Those are both good printer! What you need to look at is which vendor will give you the best support after the sale! Remember that once the unit is paid for you will still need to use it and most likely will have technical questions that will need answered in a hurry!

D&Tgraphics

Print quality wise, The Mutoh is much better in my opinion. The interweave technology is great. But, like Brian said, the support issue is something to look at.

signage

I have seen a properly setup Mimaki put up against a Mutoh at a show and even the Mutoh tech said the Mimaki looked better!

synergy_jim

yeah.... the interweave is very cool.... it gives you wave shaped banding lines instead of straight ones....

LOL...

buy the mimaki.... way better build quality and support

iSign

Mimaki is superior.
I never saw anyone unbiased say otherwise.

I am biased now, because I've been running one for 3 years... but I wasn't biased when I chose it, and neither was my supplier who sold both printers.

P

ProWraps™

cost vs. roi vs. quality. mutoh lover here. been very happy with it. and sorry jim, we get NO BANDING whatsoever. 120 sq ft of pure black, and not a single line.

Graphix Plus Ink

Buy a Roland! Just kiddin thought I would throw a curve ball in there lol.

Honestly though, it's the first time I've seen people not be pro Mutoh, interesting.
I will have to look deeper into the Mimaki.

eddieaviv

Is there any one who uses both of the machines

Thank you all but I find my self more confused after having your comments. Is there any one who uses both of the machines who can tell me his opinion?

Thanks

seattle

Interesting. I dont have a Mimaki printer but I do have a mimaki plotter (working everyday for 4 years) that is awesome with NO problems so far.

Interweave does sound nice, but I guess if the printer is going to band then you would just get weaving bands. So thats basically just a trick the eye gimmick.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I have a mutoh, a Roland and a Mimaki. I have a sour taste in my mouth from Mutoh. It was an earlier model (before the Ultru inks came out). I had endless trouble with it, even with the ultra inks and finally bought a Roland 2 1/2 years ago. Besides from the Mutoh being a boat anchor (unable to consistantly print on vinyl without excessive bleeding), the supplier wouldn't help after the sale (even after BBB intervention). I went directly to Mutoh and all they did is say you have to take any issues up with your supplier. My experience with Roland has been the exact opposite. I have called them up and they have been most helpful in walking me through something. If you are looking at printers, trust me service is paramount.

I have only had the JV33 for a short time but I was apprehensive about not getting another Roland. I have had so many glowing referals from Mimaki owners that I decided to go with it. So far I am impressed.

The Roland so far has been the best investment I ever made.....

eforer

My JV3 is my bread and butter and I'm sure the JV33 is awesome as well. My Mimaki is ancient and looks like its been through WWIII, but still works great. The Mutoh is a nice machine, but Mimaki's are monsters when it comes to build quality and durability.

mimakitech24

cost vs. roi vs. quality. mutoh lover here. been very happy with it. and sorry jim, we get NO BANDING whatsoever. 120 sq ft of pure black, and not a single line.

You should never see banding in a straight black print ;)....