• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33 Please Help

i recently bought a used mimaki jv33-130 from a company called omnicapital online. They said it was a lease that was returned. Said it was in working condition and I asked if it had been shutdown properly before being shipped to them and they said yes. I got the machine and there is still ink in the lines and dampers. I have not dealt with one of these in about 10 years, but that seems wrong. I just unpacked it and have done nothing to it besides remove the carriage cover. This machine was obviously not well taken care of in the past and I was told it has been sitting for about a month. The ink is not dry in the dampers and it is using es3 inks.
My question is if this machine is ruined and I was lied to about it’s condition? Should I return it? Should I turn it on and try doinganything to flush the lines? Please help mefigure out my next steps. Thank you

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
You should proceed "head wash" procedure before start print anything. Read user manual-maintaince procedure first. You can try remove air and recover printheads by disconnet waste tube from cappa and suck ink by syrenge slowly instead pump.